Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
BLACK VAGINAL DISCHARGE

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

BLACK VAGINAL DISCHARGE

I am 24 years old and have been married for more than a year. My husband and I are not using any form of birth control at the moment. We aren't actively trying to conceive, but obviously it could happen. I am currently on my period, but it is the strangest period I have ever had. It started very dark and thick, almost black, as if it were ending (on 12/16) and it started three days before I was supposed to get my period. It continued this way until yesterday, when it started to behave like a normal period, with light cramping and some fatigue (not much). When I first got married, I was on the patch, more for pain management then for the birth control. I started to feel strange while on the patch (weight gain, lots of bloating, and I felt tied up inside, horrible feeling). So, we decided that it would be safer for me to get off the patch and let nature take it's course. My normal periods are extremely painful and heavy, always filled with clots and tissue, but after getting off the patch, I've hardly had pain. Just some cramping and the tissue and clots. Right now, I am hardly bleeding, I have had some tissue and small clots and I only have a mild discomfort, no pain. But I am confused, especially thinking about the dark brown/almost black discharge that I had at the beginning. I thought I could be miscarrying, but I know that with a miscarriage, the pain is intense and there is heavier bleeding than in a normal period. But I could be wrong. I haven't gone to the doctor because I feel fine.
Sometimes you can miscarry and not even know.
hansen20 I hope that these 12-15 wee... Comment
hansen20, and KTowne commented on renae176's status
hansen20, Hollus, and KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy