Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
BV

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

BV

I was recently treated for chlamydia about a month ago, I'm 14 weeks pregnant & my doctor is now treating me for a bacterial infection in my vagina (BV I guessing). I've googled it a million times & ive read it can cause miscarriages in the second trimester & that my partner does not have to be treated. I'm so.nervous about the whole situation this is my first pregnancy.. can anyone help?!
Ima tell you what Ive told others: do not research stuff online. They always give you worst case scenarios and make ya panic lol
Avatar n tn
I just got treated for BV and my baby and I are okay... What is your concern? If you take the meds like prescribed it will go away and you will be fine
Wether or not it can affect my baby, & does my partner need to be treated I've read that they do & I have read that the dont. & what causes BV?
It can only cause problems if left untreated,as long as youve been prescribed something an take it properly itll clear up and you should be fine.
same same go get it treated! im 17 weeks 4 days just finished the cream last friday take it all for the 7 days i had no symtpoms of it i got my pap results back and then told me i had it...get it treated and it wont harm u
How do you know if you have it?? what signs do you get??
I know it was the worst idea but I'm new to all of this
A vaginal discharge & a foul odor can be present, sometimes it can be neither
i had no symptoms!
Hi ladies i was going to post something like this. Is this common in pregnant woman?
Miley I didn't have any symptoms either which is why I'm so confused how I can have something but no symptoms!, & queenkay I've talked to a few girls I work woth who have children & they ha all said its very common & sometimes can occur a few times during your pregnancy.
Thanks Kate, wish I could help answer your question but thanks for answering mine :)  the only advice I have is ask your doctor lol goodluck
Avatar n tn
Your partner does not need to be treated an it can only affect your baby if you don't treat it..
Yea I just got finished taking pills for it its not a STD its something from bacteria
If you have no symptoms then how is it found? Once I read about someone having something I start to wonder.
hansen20 commented on hansen20's status
hansen20 so I think Iv been planning... Comment
KeeLolo commented on Baseline blood work a...
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy