Baby always on the left side
i m 23+2wks... my lil boy movements are becoming more constant lately... as i feel him all night and when ever i sit down... but mostly hes on left side of my tummy... its becomes uncomfortable because i have IBS and it hurts i know i m still too far but i m wondering whether he ll change sides... our urinary system is also on the left side... since i had ibs i ve never been able to hold urine for long as it gives me back pain straight away.. now when he moves it becomes more painful... his kicks are always low or left side... i really want him to change sometime so my left side can be at relief... anyone else went through this... is there nyway i can mke him move to right side...
bump??
I wish I had an answer for you. I have the opposite problem. My little girl is always on my left side. I've tried moving her to the left but I don't seem to know how. I hope you find relief soon.
:( i know.. my sister in law did warn me not to sleep on one side or baby will make one side its favourite... unfortunately my broken nose bone and nasal congestion cause me not to sleep on left side and always either sleep straight or on right side.. i guess he made left side his own....:(
Try swimming, and use gravity to help. You can shine a flashlight and the baby may follow or move away from it. I would google ways to move the baby! Good luck!
hey there,
i'm in week 23 too! i read a few weeks ago that baby is settling into its final position for birth, and that was like at week 21. so i'm not 100% sure if he will move on his own again or not. i would imagine its possible still for him to move over for you though. i think you can get a doctor or midwife to adjust baby though. i know early on when baby is breech they can 'encourage' baby to flip over to be head first.
however, i don't think our urinary system is on either side. our kidneys (one on either side) filter the urine and it goes down the ureters to our bladder which is in the middle. so then i would think that even if baby did move to the other side that your discomfort would then be the same.
i would say discuss it with your doctor and see if they can help you in any way. perhaps they can move baby for you and that will help, you never know until you try. : )
hope you are feeling better soon.
(not on one side or the other but on both sides and join at the bladder, unless you only have one kidney of course) hope that makes sense
The baby can move.  I am 28+3 and most of the time my little girl is on the right side but every once in awhile I will feel her sneak over to the left side lol.  Maybe try laying on your right side for a bit and see if baby doesn't slide down some.
Well i sleep on right side most of the time... i have appointment at 26weeks... the reason why said our urinary system is on left side because most the time doctors consider looking into ur urine and kidneys if u have constant pain on left side... i ll have to wait till 4 dec to see my midwife and discuss this with her... :) thank you ladies for ur help