Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Baby girl name -- need some objective opinions!

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I am 12 weeks pregnant (YAY!), and my and my husband's family are already wondering about names!!  My MIL is named Ava, and my mom is named Mary, so I (well, me, my mom, and my husband!) was thinking Mary Ava for a girl.  We'd call her Mary Ava (we're in Louisiana, and the double names are pretty common here! )  I think I like it; I'm not sure, though.  Ava Mary sounds too much like Ave Maria to me; absolutely nothing wrong with that, but the song starts playing in my head every time I say it!  So, what do you ladies think about Mary Ava?  Thanks!!
Tags: baby girl, name, girl name, opinion
I love the name! I also chose a family's name for my little girl =)
i love it! sounds super cute and southern :)
Sounds very southern to me as well and I like it!
I think they are pretty together. Not a big fan of Mary (too common) but together would sound nice:~)
I'm not a huge fan of it to be honest. I like the idea of doing a "family name" (each of our daughters' middle names is after someone!) but if you hear Ave Maria every time you say your child's name then don't choose it! This is for LIFE!

Another alternative could be:

Marie Ava or Mary Ava

You don't have to spell them exactly the same either. My oldest daughter's middle name is Joi instead of with a y. My second daughter's middle name is Lynn after her Nonna (Lindee).

Or just choose one name to use as a two-part first name (like Ava Lynn) and use the other name as the middle name. So Ava-Lynn Mary! I really like that.

Or you could use your first name or middle name as part of the baby's first name. Ava _____ Mary. If you have a sister you could use part of her name, etc.
hansen20 commented on photo
KTowne commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy