Baby might have only one kidney :(
Im very upset after having a sonogram Monday and the dr told me I need so see a perinatal specialist because they cannot find my baby girls left kidney. She said either they just couldnt see it, or she doesnt have one, which she said would be very serious. Im heartbroken and am having a hard time dealing with the fact that I feel like somehow Ive failed my little girl. Anyone else have any similar experience?
I know it's hard but just take it one step at a time. I think it really is entirely possible that they just didn't see it. Those kinds of things happen all the time. Just have faith and see what the specialist says then go from there.
My cousin lost a baby that was born without kidneys..:-(  she kept strong all the way and took it one day at a Time. now she is pregnant with her second and hoping for the best.just wait and see what the specialists have 2 say and take it from there...is this ur first child..?
best of luck to you!
Hey hun dont worry everything will be alright. My friend baby was born with one kidney only and shes now 5 month and a perfectly healthy. So dont worry the best thing you can do is stay positive.
No this is my 2nd child. My first pregnancy with my son was pretty uneventful so I'm just worrying. Ive done a lot of reading up on it and as long as her one kidney is healthy she will be fine. During a couple of my ultrasounds they mentioned that her bladder was full, so I'm hopeful that the one kidney is functioning properly. It just stinks to hear anything may be out of the norm for your baby because we all want them to be perfect, but I know there are babies out there born with way worse problems so I'll be very thankful if this is the only thing wrong with her.