Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Babys Last Name

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Babys Last Name

Should I care about the father getting mad about the baby having both of our last names instead of just his. We aren't married. So if he is going to b mad regardless I can just. Put it in mines. My last name is import. Also! I'm the parent too.
He shouldnt be mad if your not married. Tell him you dont want a diff last name to your baby.  Also if you give the baby both last names and then you get married you can always just use the married name when not using formal documents etc. Tell him if he wants his last name only then u want a ring on your finger lol!! Well inless you dont want to get married :)

Good luck!
im using both last names mine and his, his being the one used but having both as an option as me and my boyfriend havent decided to get married as of yet if ever :) hes  not mad and sees my point, i agree with you ur the parent too and should beable to have both last names :)
I told him it was either my name or our names hyphenated, his name alone wasn't even an option...he's adjusted. So will your child's father, because he has no choice. I agree, if he wants just his last name, he should have been offering marriage first.
If you feel that yall aren't going to get married then u have all the right to say u want your child to have your lastname. If he isn't doing his job as a parent and your doing all the work to support your family u have every right to have your child take your lastname. :)
I'm just old fashion when it comes to these types of things, me and my boy are not married and I believe in my baby having his last name, its just how I like things in my life with my baby, but no he dosent have a right to get mad at all, even if ur married the kid can still have both last names, its all how you feel about things, just think how this might make him feel
All of my friends who had children unmarried and had the child take the father's last name because it was the "right" thing to do or because they were holding out for marriage now regret it. I told my oldest daughters father before she was born that my daughter would have MY last name. I refused to give birth to a baby and have it have a different last name then me. I also knew that if we ever got married I could legally change the last name. We never ended up getting married and by 1 years old he was out of our lives for good. It would have been extrememly difficult to explain to a small child why she didn't have the same name as the rest if her family and why she had the last name of someone she couldn't even remember.
My first son has my last name and I feel like I made the best decision ever. He was mad about it but that's life because he wasn't there. This next baby I'm not sure about because he's actually involved and supportive so its still a thought process and we aren't married. I personally feel if there is no ring on my finger I don't want to make any mistakes in case something would happen like being alone raising a child.
Shannon79 commented on photo
1 min ago
KeeLolo, and KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
KTowne commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy