Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Bed rest and living alone

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Bed rest and living alone

I am currently on bed rest at the hospital, The doctor wants to send me home to be on bed rest but i am going to be home alone. I would have to cook and clean all to myself. take out trash all the chores. I am not sure what to do as i should  not be doing this stuff. if i get sent home how am i going to be on bed rest while trying to take care of myself and still eat healthy. I have a short cervix and could go into early labor, I do not want that. I am starting to get scared. Plus my house is a split level and has 4 different floors... and of course my bedroom, laundry room, and kitchen are all on sperate floors. Has anyone else done bedrest alone. how did you cope
Have you told the hospital about your concerns?
I would be worried as well. You dont have any family you could stay with or that could stay with you?
How many weeks are you?  What were you admitted for originally?  How far do you live from the hospital?
Is there anyone who help you maybe move in temporarily to help you out. Maybe if talk the hospital about ur concerns maybe u could get some help with the household things.  I am on bedrest at home fir the same issues and I am lucky to have my inlaws helping me along with my friends but they offered seeing as I have three other kids to care for. Hopefully they or someone you know can help you
sorry limited access to the internet. I ended up getting an UTI and now he wants me to stay in the hospital until the baby is born. The pills did not work to clear up my infection so now i am on IV meds.
hansen20 commented on hansen20's status
KTowne I think DH and I will be tr... Comment
Hollus We got to meet our adopted ... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy