Beta levels not doubling but Progesterone is up
According to my calculations I am 4weeks 5days pregnant.  This is my third pregnancy in a year, the 1st was an ectopic pregnancy and the 2nd a chemical pregnancy.  I went on Tuesday for blood work and my betas were 463 and my progesterone was in the mid 30s.  My doctor thought these were both great numbers for where I was in the pregnancy.  I went for more blood work yesterday and my betas are up to 586, certainly not doubling.  She told me to try and be cautiously optimistic and that they’d do an ultrasound next Friday.  It was also suggested that I start taking a baby aspirin every day.

To say I’m panicking is a total understatement.  Since yesterday’s news I feel like all symptoms I was noticing (sore breasts, frequently urination, increased appetite) have all but disappeared.  Could the absence of these symptoms mean that my beta levels are dropping and I’m losing this pregnancy? Would it be normal to have symptoms one day, and then have them disappear the next?  I’m trying so hard to hang on until next Friday.  Any words of wisdom?
I am sorry that you have had all of the problems. I am thinking the same thing about myself. My numbers are low and my progesterone is normal also. My numbers have been slow rising with my other children and I didn't even find out that I was pregnant for 6-8 weeks. Don't try to fret too much (although I know it is hard) listen to the advice of your doc and try to relax!
Thanks nickieb.  How far along are you?