Birthing Centers and Waterbirths
We are having our 3rd baby in a birthing center and are hoping for a water birth. Who has gone this route and what was your experience like? Also, after having the baby did you have a problem getting an appointment with the pediatrician the day or two after the birth?
Anyone...anyone....
What's your opinion on birthing centers? Why are you having your baby where you are?
I was going to do a natural water birth, and was signed up to do it. Around 36 weeks I backed out because I wasn't sure what the pain would be like, and how I would coup. In the birthing center there's no medications allowed (in mine anyways) and it would be identical to giving birth at home--- just there would be medical staff if needed.

For my case, I ended up with an epidural because I had back labour and couldn't handle the pain. With each contraction I would get nauseated and came close to blacking out a few times. With the epidural it gave me the ability to rest so I was able to push her out, which worked out well because I pushed for 45+ minutes. If I hadn't have done this, I'm pretty confident I would have had a c-section. (she was also facing up and tilted to the side, so it was hard to get her out)

I have no qualms with birth centers and find them to be incredibility nice. My birth center would have been attached to the hospital. As such, I gave birth in the hospital itself.
I had my first daughter at a hospital with an ob and an epidural. My second daughter was at a hospital with midwife and no pain meds at all. I would LOVE to have my baby at home but DH would rater I at least go to a birthing center so I'm okay with that, also insurance won't pay for a home birth but will over a birthing center 100%.

I was just wondering if anyone has given birth at a birthing center and who they had there...children included.