Birthing Options
I've been reading up on some birth options. And I personally have taken an interest in Water- birthing. I love the water to begin with and I like the idea of giving birth in water. I mean after they have been floating around in water for nine months and after reading about some of the benefits of water- birthing. I definitely believe that I want to water-birth my child. I dont like needles so an epidural is out of the question. I dont like the idea of someone staring at my parts for hours on end either. So laying on a bed with legs spread wide just doesn't seem natural to me. I want my experience to be purely unique and as comfortable as possible. What could be more comfortable than being nearly weightless in a tub of nice warm water? I cant think of anything else but that. I think water-birthing is my best option. Is there anyone out there that has done a water birth before and could share some advice and wisdom about it?
With a water-birth your probably going to have to use a midwife. Most hospitals 99.9% of them do not have the means to do water birthing, nor do they really allow it.

And with using a midwife, most insurance these days will not cover the birth unless it is done in a hospital. I know my old insurance when I was married, did not allow home births or midwives to deliver the baby. I am now on state insurance, and they too won't pay for it.
I was very interested in water birth too but unfortunately the only way to do one here is to do a home birth. They don't allow it in the hospitals in Ontario for some reason. I have a midwife but I will be delivering at a hospital. Something I've come across that seems really great is the Bradley Method. I got a book from my library about it and it seems great and makes a lot of sense. I suggest you look it up...it's something that I bet you'd like too.