Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Blood in Vomit???? HELP

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Blood in Vomit???? HELP

I just got sick and I noticed a little bit of blood in my vomit, what is causing this??? Is there a problem?? It wasn't a huge amount or anything but it was athere and I am panicing.... my appointment is Jan 2nd, do I need to go to the dr or do I wait till then??
If you've been puking a lot you could just be straining something. Puking is quite hard on the body, the stomach, the esophagus, etc. The acid could have caused this, if there is just a small amount it could be from irritation. However, if you notice it again, and there is more than before, or if you continue to see it for a few days, or if you happen to notice blood in feces, then you should definitely go to the doctor. But I think you should be finu until then, unless it persists. Just don't forget to run that by him/her.
My morning sickness just started a week or so ago, I got sick 4 times one day and then I'll have days where I just feel nauseated all day, like yesterday.. I usually feel nauseated with or without the vomiting.  There wasn't a lot but I talked to my Mom and I did wake up stuffy this morning and she said she thinks that it could be from sinuses, what do you think?? I'm trying to relax, the whole miscarriage before has really gotten me messed up if you will.. I just hope if I get sick again there won't be ANY blood then I can relax more..
It could definitely be from your sinuses, I've noticed that when I puke it strains them really bad, as well. And sometimes it even comes out of my nose. Gross, I know. But just to show they're very closely related. Try not to worry yourself too much, like I said, unless it gets wrose. How far along are you now?  And your appt. is real close! so you'll be able to feel a lot better in a couple days [well mentally, don't know about physically lol] But I too was sick all yesterday. it sucks. But ironically, it is though, a good sign that you are nauseated and getting sick, in the since that that usually indicates a nice rise in hormones, and a strong pregnancy. So I hope the best for you!
And now that I think about it, I also noticed last night there was some red, out of nowhere. But I didn't think much of it because It was only like a few drops at the very end, and I had puked for like the 3rd or 4th time within a few hours. But mine was just a tiny amount. And I dont remember eating anything red.. So maybe it happened to me too.. =/
Yeah I was wracking my brain tryin to figure out if I ate anything red. but I couldnt' think of anything..
I'll be around 9 weeks the morning of my appointment..I'm ready for them to tell me so I'll know whether I'm as far along as I think.. I get anywhere from 4 to 5 day differences on difference sites...
I'm almost 12 weeks and I have small amount of blood in my vomit everytime.  I think it depends on how violent the vomiting is....mine is horrible.  I puke usually every morning and every night.  I'm definitely ready to be done with the sickness. But anyways, you are fine if it's small amounts because tissues are so inflamed at this point that you can irritate them very easily.  Good luck and hope you start feeling better soon.
When it happened to me, my doctor said that either it was my esophagus or stomach tearing. Not like a huge hole and now you'll bleed to death kind of tear, but more like a scratched surface. So He told me to get some mylanta, which helps to coat your esophagus and stomach and then he suggested Zophran or Unisom as a nausea reducer.

When you see it for the first time, you know you need to stop! That's what's important. The baby is not in any harm at that moment. Just stop vomitting because it's too violent on your tummy, and try getting a prescription for relief.

dcsteed 36 weeks! So thankful for s... Comment
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Joyce49788 Hello all, miss talking wit... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy