Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Blood type?? Help???

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Blood type?? Help???

Umm, my sister had to have a needle when she was pregnant with her first because she had a negative blood type and the father was a positive. My question is, I don't know what blood type my fiance is and I'm O+, but I was under the impression that if you were positive the fathers blood type didn't matter, is that true? I don't want my body to attack the baby.. I'm 16 weeks today and still have pretty bad morning sickness my sister seems to think it might be because my fiance might have a negative blood type. Help?
My doctor told me the fathers blood doesn't matter at all. Your sister likely had to have the needle because her and the baby had different blood types.
Yeah I know that, but the blood type is determined but the mother and fathers blood type.. I just wanna know if I'm gunna need a needle?
"Rhesus (Rh) factor is an inherited trait that refers to a specific protein found on the surface of red blood cells. If your blood has the protein, you're Rh positive — the most common Rh factor. If your blood lacks the protein, you're Rh negative.

Although Rh factor doesn't affect your health, it can affect pregnancy. Your pregnancy needs special care if you're Rh negative and your baby's father is Rh positive.

If you're pregnant, your health care provider will recommend an Rh factor test during your first prenatal visit. The Rh factor test is a basic blood test that indicates whether you're Rh positive or Rh negative."   Mayo clinic
Has your doctor talked to you about the RH factor? Since theres a positive and a negative you should receive RhIg around 28 weeks to prevent further issues that can come with Rh
I had to have a rhogam shot at 28 weeks because I have a negative blood type. The Dr never asked baby daddy's blood type though.
Im O+ as well 19w2x and I still get morning sickness that can last all day. Dad is clueless about his blood type but everything is normal no abnormal test and found out today hes a perfectly health boy!!!! :-) bye pink hello blue lol.
No never, I haven't heard of it, it really wiretap me to because I've already had a miscarriage and if I lose the baby the far along I would just die..
You're o+ so you don't have to worry about it. It only matters if you have a negative blood type. If you are negative and your baby is a positive your body might attack the baby, so that's why they check for that.
KTowne, and KeeLolo commented on KTowne's status
Dee1956 commented on photo
miss_may95 added the Weight Tracker
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy