Bloody show or vaginal exam aftermath?
I had a dr's appt yesterday and a vaginal exam was perfomed to check for dilation. Well, last night I noticed a brownish-red discharge when I wiped after urinating. This happened twice, the second time it was red blood mixed with a small amount of clear stringy mucous. I was wondering if any of you ladies ever experienced that or if you think it could've been the "bloody show" or just caused by the vaginal exam? I did have cramping (still do) after the appt just like I did last time I had a vaginal check but I didn't bleed last time and am more dilated now. I'm 38w+ already so I'm not worried if it is time but I was just curious to see if that's what the mucous plug looks like since it wasn't anything like the glob description I've heard. Thanks in advance. :)
I've read yesterday that you can have some blood after the exam, but I also read that bloody show is red blood mixed with a small amount of clear stringy mucous - exectly what you describe. I would think it was definetly bloody show. That's exciting! 38w is perfect - good luck. I am looking forward to get mine in few weeks (I am 36w)
Thanks for the tip. I sure hope it was the bloody show and that I go on my own soon. If I don't, I'll be getting induced next week which I'm okay with too, but I'd rather things start to happen naturally. Hope everything goes well for you too and that things run smoothly through delivery. You're almost there mommy! Congrats. :)
I've read that a bloody show (or even a noticeable increase in mucous which I have had today) may be a sign that the baby will come within the next 12 days. It is also perfect timing for you at the moment. Just wait and see what your Dr says about the induction next week. Just remember, do what you think is the best for your baby. I really hope you don't get induced and she comes on her own :-)
My good friend just had her baby last week.  She was 38 weeks.  At 37 weeks she too had her bloody show, which sounds like what you are describing.  For that whole week she had cramps here and there and her stomach tighting.  Then at 38 weeks she went into labor.  So I would say once your bloody show comes you probably have a week or less to go!!  Good Luck and Congrats!!
Why do may have to be induced?