Aa
A
A
Close
415165 tn?1243663947
Breast Feeding after Nifedipine (an alternative for Terbutaline)
Just wondering if anyone else has difficulty lactating while on Nifedipine which is I guess what doctors are having people take that keep going into preterm labor rather than the Terbutaline (so they tell me, anyway) especially since it's been proven to have a significantly less effect on the fetal heart rate. Anyway! During my last pregnancy I was able to lactate just fine up until the day I gave birth to my daughter and my hormones got so out of wack that I literally couldn't hardly make ANYTHING to feed my daughter with (2 weeks of struggling and I only came up with MAYBE 2 oz a day). This time I had seemed to produce less than what I did at this point of my pregnancy with my first then once I got put on the Nifedipine, what little accomplishment I had made poofed out the window. They've even almost completely gone back to normal size before I got pregnant (just one cup size larger now than the 3 cup sizes I was up before all this mess with preterm labor nad meds). I told myself if I can't breastfeed this time as well, that I wont be upset but in all honesty, I am. So I'm wondering if anyone else out there had the same problem when they were put on the medication? Was there any difficulties producing after getting off the medication? I will be scheduling an appointment with my lactation consultant while I'm at my appointment on tuesday, but I would love to know if anyone else is going through the same thing.... my daughter has the immune system of a Roman God and amazingly healthy, tall, etc. so I know formula is NOT a bad solution at all but at the same time I can't help but feel incompetent because my knockers aren't fulfilling their duties...
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
18981035 tn?1474954407
Blank
sweetbee3 added the Weight Tracker
13 hrs ago
4769306 tn?1451008167
Blank