Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Can I get my period after conception and before implantation?

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

My husband and I recently decided to start trying for a baby. I stopped taking the pill about 2 weeks after my most recent period, just before ovulation. I got my period for about 3 days, but I'm feeling very tired and nauseous lately. Is it possible for me to have my period after conception but before the egg implants into the uterine wall, since I stopped the pill halfway through the pack?
if ovulation happens less than 12 days before your period.it would not implant,we need a lutheal phase of at least 12 days.an egg wouldnt implant if the lining is not thick enough.hence at least the 12 days.You prob find its due to stopping BC.best of luck.
I dont think so, What you thought was your period may be your body trying to regulate from getting off the pill or it could be implantation bleeding.  Good luck ttc.
technically.. i would assume it could be possible in these circumstances..
but the other ladies would have more experience in this..
A period is sheding of the linning after failed conception.its most likely you coming off the pill.however to be certain.you could take a test,as if this was implantation bleeding,you could get an answer now.
I don't believe so, because with a period you shed the uterine lining that the egg would implant into. It sounds like your body is adjusting to the changing hormones in your body, and not pregnancy.
everything i see says it takes a fertilized egg about 3 days to make its way out of the fallopian tube and another 5 days before implantation takes place. I didn't know if it was possible for the egg to be floating around in there with the lining shedding. I guess only time will tell.
I'm just so anxious to find out. I have to wait till next Friday to test..I think about it every day, every time I feel a bit nauseous or tired, I think "could I be pregnant?". I know it's probably too early to have these symptoms.. maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me because I want it to bad?
It's easy to do. Many women will over think symptoms, and I've seen a few relate everything under the sun to pregnancy because they want it so bad. Only time will tell.
Ok I have to chime in here. I have been pregnant twice and both pregnancy I found out about while on my period. I conceived before my period but didn't implant until after my period already had started so all those who keep saying that it isn't possible to implant without a 12 day LP are full of it. Yea it could be the BC but if you are concerned definitely take a test to be sure.
That happened 2 me! But I would take a test Jus 2 be sure. Gud luck!!
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
7 mins ago
KAnuCmEY commented on photo
hansen20 I haven't gained any weight... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy