Can I give birth any hospital?
So the OB I go to has it's own hospital where he delivers. That is like 25 min away from my house , theirs another one that's 5 min down the street from my house and i told them I personally wanted that hospital since it's a really good hospital and they take you in ASAP! especially pregnant women. I love the service and everything about that hospital. Would I get in trouble if I go to the one where my doctor doesn't deliver????
My sister in law had a doctor at a hospital she didn't like so when she had her son she went to a different hospital and they sent over her paper work there without hesitation.  Any hospital will take you for health and safely reasons.
No you won't get in trouble they have to see you if you go into labor they can't just send you away BUT the hospital you told your ob tou would deliver at and if you registered there It's easier for you and baby to go there instead since your doctor would have sent the hospital your medical records :) and they would know who you are and all your info like blood type and so on just in case

What you can also do that i will be doing is ask for your medical records when your 37 weeks and they seal it in an envelope so when you go into labor u can take it with you to the closet ER good luck with everything
I haven't register at any hospital yet , :o They gave me my papers already to be carrying them around just in case any day (:
I have a regular obgyn but I've had 2 of my kids at a different hospital then where my obgyn is I do believe you can choose which hospital u wanna go to :) hope this helped