Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Can a woman get pregnant by semen from an used condom?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi!

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years now, we are involve in a long distance relationship and he had an affair with another woman a year ago. This woman is out of her mind, she tried to commit suicide and stalked him (still is) because he left her when he got caught and wanted to change and be with me. She is now 8 months pregnant, she is due to deliver on Dec 25th, so that means she got pregnant around the end of March / beginning of April. She is claming that her baby is his and he denies it because he did not sleep with her during when she got pregnant and she moved to another state to be with a guy and came back 3 months later, pregnant and claimed it was his. He wants to do a DNA-test to prove it's not his and she refuses until the baby is born even though you can do a test before birth. This is her own words about her pregnancy "She stole you away from me, I hate her, I will do anything to seperate you guys and it's working" and then she touched her belly.
Thing is that my boyfriend is 99 % sure it's not his and I do believe him because this woman have been claiming she was gonna get married and pregnant by him sereval times.

HERE IS THE QUESTION:
He told me that last time they slept together (last year, i assume late 2008) she had called him after he left and told him that she was gonna preserve the condom (I was furious about his stupidity) and he is worried that she might have used the condom to get pregnant. Her cousin works at a lab, is it possible for her to get pregnant at least 3-4 months if she preserved the condom in a lab (I highly doubt her cousin would jepardize his/her job for this), I assume she would have to preserve it in buoyant hydrogen.
Or is she just BS everything just because she hates my guts out and want him to suffer? I think the odds are that she got pregnant by the guy she went to live with in Texas..

Please share your thoughts.
Wow ... massive sense of humour failure there ...

It probably is possible, provided the condom did not contain spermacide.  And of course, she would've had to get it to the lab in good time and not have exposed it to excessive heat/cold that would render the sperm dead..

Good luck with that, it's really a crappy situation to be in :/
It is probably a bunch of BS, and your boyfriend can get a court ordered paternity test once the baby is born. Don't press her to get it before the baby is born, that would require an amnio and it is not usually advised unless there is a problem.

Just try and blow her off until the baby is born and then do the DNA test. If your boyfriend is being honest and didn't sleep with her at that time, there's really not much you can do until then. Good luck!
you dont have much longer left to wait...good luck and let us know the results..But just to *** something i think she is being a total quack!! lol...I think that it would be too much to do what she has said she done!! LOL
Yeah I have to wait, it just ***** to have to wait for her to pop the damn baby out. We're planning to get married and well, it's a dealbreaker right now. It takes time to get all the paperwork done for him to bring me to the U.S. So I don't know if I should wait or not for the DNA to show up, I don't wanna waste extra months if it comes up that she have been BS-ing everything.. I'll definently hit you guys up when the result comes back.
Thanks for the replies guys, very much appreciated!
well.. the baby was born either two days ago or yesterday, my bf isn't picking up his calls and his phone is apperently "diconntected, changed or no longer in serivce", anyone tell me not to freak out now? how long does it take for you to get the DNA result? a week?
Wow, I am in a situation just like yours and I'm going crazy, my boyfriend said he was protected but this girl told him "your going to be mine and mine only, I will do anything so you will be mine and no one else" , she got pregnant around the March or so and found out she was pregnant in the beginning of April, she's due in December 7th or so, IDK what to do....
Unfortunately all is fair in love war and reproduction.  Child support laws and divorce laws may not be to men.  Men can use condoms or get a usually permanent vasectomy.  That is their only choices.  

Men out there use spermicidal condoms, maybe use extra spermicide.  Don't leave the condom behind.

My ex wanted kids and had her iud fall out.  I think I was probably had and then she wanted sex unprotected for a second.  I got a vasectomy at 27 and she got rid of me.  My new wife wished I was fertile, we tried reversing it with no luck.  Sex was not as exciting with me because their was no chance but much better for me because of no worries.
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
18 mins ago
Joyce49788 Hello all, miss talking wit... Comment
1 hr ago
Shannon79 commented on Shannon79's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy