Can anyone else feel a heart beat with their fingers on their belly?
So last night when I was getting ready to go to bed, I had my hand of my belly (I know this is irrational and I'm possibly crazy for even thinking this) but I swear I felt a heart beat.  I took my hand off and tried to show my hubby what was going on, and he couldn't feel it, but then again I put my hand down there again and I could feel it again.  It was really odd, now I'm not sure if I was imaging this, or is it possible to feel it.  Ugh... I just kind of fell like I'm freaking out about this.  
I guess I should have mentioned the fact ther I know that there aren't any superficial ateries that run down by your abdomin regon.  Also the second time I felt it, I put my hand on my neck to feel that plus and it was much slower than the one on my belly.  Ugh so it was really weird.
i can feel my own hb just above my belly botton all the time ,but maybe you can i dont know sry
I am almost 38 weeks and you feel strange stuff. I am not sure what I have felt earlier on - but could be hiccups too?
"Heartbeat" is how I describe the hiccups feeling when the baby has the hiccups...I don't think it is possible to feel the baby's heartbeat but I don't know for sure...
I also don't think you can feel the heartbeat through all the tissue. If I put my hand over my own chest I don't feel a heartbeat.
its most likely your own heartbeat. when you take someone else's pulse your supposed to take it with your first 2 fingers and never your thumb b/c your thumb 'beats'...or something like that LOL
Yes I know about the tumb being able to throw you off when trying to take a pulse and I'm not really that dumb when it comes to these things.  Maybe I was overreacting, but still I felt something.  And I can feel my own hearbeat above my belly button as well, however, this was lower than that, right were the doctor scaned me last Wen.  at my doctor's apt.

I guess I could belive that it was the hiccups, however, I belive you need to be able to breath in order to hiccup.  So that would be right either, and I know it's not moving so I can feel it yet either.  It's just really odd and I can't seem to put my finger on what it really was that I felt.  Any who that's the really odd thing.  I'm not dumb, I am going to school to be an RN and very awear on whats going on in my body and I wanted to kow if someone else felt the same way or if there was an explaination for it.  But since none of you have been able to answer the question it just doesn't make sence to me.  
I understand how you feel slzerbst, and being preggo you feel all type of stuff, ive been a nurse 9 years and i still questions things that go on with my body.  You cant feel the baby's heartbeat though.heck, i cant even hear it with a stethoscope, i do try lol.(we dont think your dumb, you are feeling something, jus not a heartbeat).  There are major blood vessels in that belly, the aorta and vena cava and the body is working harder to pump all that blood. not to add, things are going to start getting a little cramped in the belly and the uterus is pressing on things like the intestines.  And as some women said, feeling hic ups etc.
Bravo Latrice!  Great post!
Hiccups are your diaphragm contracting and can be caused by many things ... not just intake of air.  Your baby most definitely can and will hiccup inside you.  The only reason I wouldn't say the 'heartbeat' you feel is hiccups is because they are generally a lot slower than your baby's heartrate should be.  

I'm not a doctor or nurse, nor am I training to be one ... but the most likely culprit would be your own heartbeat.  I know there were plenty of times I would place my hand over my stomach (high or low) and feel my own pulse on it.  Sometimes I'd psych myself out and think it was the baby kicking.
Just wanted to add that the baby can definitely have the hiccups in utero!  I don't know whether or not you could feel them in the outside, tho...

I have been lucky enough to hear it several times through my various pregnancies just bc the baby happened to have hiccups while my doctor was using the Doppler.  Sounds very different than the regular heartbeat (but hard to describe...) = )
My baby had hiccups the other day and dh could feel them and they were rapid fire succession...it literally almost felt like a heart beating...it was pretty fast but slower than a baby heart.  
I think it was likely hiccups! =)
Babies can hiccup in the womb. And they hiccup very, very fast. It feels like a continual tapping sensation.
I used to feel Noah hiccup all the time, I could actually see my belly moving when he would have them. I loved it, it was so cute!!