Can implantation bleeding be bright red?
I have always been extremely regular with my period usually by like a day.  My husband and I are trying to concieve.  I have been charting my temprature to see when I ovulate as well.  Last month my period started the 6th, I ovulated the 28th.  I didn't start my period on the 3rd/4th like I would have so I toolk a HPT on the 5th.  It came out negative.  When I still didn't have my period on Friday I took another one, which was also negative.  On Saturday morning I got what I thought was my period, bright red blood, but it only lasted the first half of the day.  I spotted a little Saturday evening and Sunday morning but now it is gone completely.  I read about implantation bleeding but it says that it is usually light and brown or pinkish.  This was definitely fresh red blood.  But I have never had a half a day period, and I am never late.  But then again the HPT was negative.  Could this be implantion bleeding?  I know a HPT doesn't turn up positive until implantaion and I did ovulate late.  I just hate to keep wasting money on HPTs if this is something else.
it could be implantaion bleeding, and for you i hope it is :) But normally implantation bleeding is a browny color or a pinkish color. Normally its a lighter color then your menstrual color. Hope this helps and good luck :) ~Baby Dust~ keep us posted
i had 3 days of bright red implantation bleeding with a huge blood clot and am now 18 weeks! good luck to you...
Well , First let me say that everyone's body is different of course but when I finally conceived the implantation bleeding was red. It was also very heavy. My situation may have been different b/c I was on fertility meds at the time and was producing A LOT of eggs. I bled around the time I was supposed to get my period and at times it was like a regular period but it only lasted a couple of days. I didn't take a pregnancy test b/c I thought for sure this was my period. I took a test like 2 weeks later and it was positive. maybe you should retest in a couple of weeks so if you are pregnant the hormones have built up. Another explanation is that the stress of trying to conceive has thrown off your cycle. Good Luck to you!