Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Can't Breath !!

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Can't Breath !!

I find myself having shortness of breath all the time when im sitting up I have to kinda slop down in my chair or stand up in public to relieve the pressure that I feel in my chest & when im at home I have to take off my bra b/c I feel like it only makes it worse...then it's been times where I was sleeping and I woke up choking to catch my breath & idk if thats because I stop breathing in my sleep or not but it freaks me out..at first its wasnt that bad but its getting worse the bigger I get layin down is just awful so I get very little sleep I toss & turn to catch my breath all the time...I could be sitting & notice im breathing hard for no reason im now 36+5 & last week I went to the doctor I weighed 191 but went back this week and was 199 im gaining weight fast & I just wonna know does it have anything to do with my breathing ? Is anybody else experiencing or have experienced this ?
Shortness of breath is very common. I have it too, the baby an uterus are only getting bigger so it squishes everything. Including your lungs, you're almost there though so it will go away when baby's here!:)
I get it too, especially when sitting upright, feels like the top of my stomach is cutting me in half at the chest. I even get a deep red crease mark where my stomach cuts in. I like to sit in a recliner chair to take the pressure off.
Thanks b/c I thought it ment something horrible but I dnt like this feeling at all ill be glad when I can be normal again lol !!

@thirdtimemum I also have a recliner I use it often but eventually have to get up from the back aches and but cramps lol...
KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
stacey10 commented on stacey10's status
KTowne commented on renae176's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy