Castol oil
Ok so my doc told me we could induce my labor at 38 weeks today he said he wasnt going to be able to I would have to wait till I was 39 and I just dont want to wait!! So I have been looking up was to induce labor and castol o seems to be a big one ive read good and bad so I just want to hear some stories so I can make my mind up!....... And if you want to call me selfish and say neg things about me dont bother posting you dont know me so keep your negtivity to yourself thanks!!
Castor oil used to be recommended often but, not anymore. It can cause dehydration, diarhea and many other symptoms. The main one that would concern me is the fact it can cause maconium to get into the babies lungs. I don't think its worth the chance personally its soo dangerous. My friend tried it with her 2nd because she was extremely uncomfortable and miserable. After 5 hrs of being extremely sick, she went to the hospital. Ended up needing an emergency c section then the baby spent 7 weeks in the NICU. There's so many healthier things you can try. I know its hard but try to hang in there only 7 more days. You've come this far already.
I wouldn't do castor oil....try fresh pineapples and hot currys.  good luck can't wait to be at your stage :-)
Please don't use castle oil as it can cause your baby to poop in the womb and breathe In his own poop which can be very harmful. Try nipple simulation, orgasms. Sex, and just walk ALOT. Good luck
No on the castor oil. I had a friend that did that and almost lost her baby. Her baby was basically dead when she delivered because her baby inhaled its poop hours before she delivered.
Trying walking a lot, bouncing on a birthing ball...
i have not heard anything bad about castor oil until today, my family uses it all the time to induce labor, when i was pregnant with my first my doctor told me to go home and take castor oil, he never mentioned anything about it harming my baby. so i went home and i drank some, 5 hours later i went into labor and my child is very healthy never had any kinds of problems, would have done with my second child but was scheduled for a c section so i did not want to start the labor just to have to have an emergency c section. but from what i have read after hearing about the baby and breathing in his poop and from calling the doctor, they all said the same thing that the baby doing that has never been determined from taking castor oil, and that, that happening is like a coin flip on which baby does it and which dont. but from everything that has been said its really up to you on whether you want to risk it.
Ive never hurd that the baby could breath in its own poop so im not going to do it I would reather wait the exta week than risk my child! Thank you girls so much
I wont try it because it is not a for sure help and it can cause problems. Getting dehydrated is never a good thing when you are pregnant. I would go for things like walking, having sex, doing lunges etct....and sometimes you can do all of these things and the baby will stay put!
How do you do nipple stil? Ive hurd of using a brest pump but I dont have one
sorry ive been reading all these comments and seems like not one of them has tried castor oil, I have tried castor oil myself and there was a good and bad, it is not as dangerous as people make it out to be but there are risks which are very low. i used castor oil for #2 not really knowing anything about it i was determined to have my baby on my due date i had my dinner and took A TEASPOON of castor oil and went to bed, was laying in bed watching movies and was getting tummy cramps
(like period pain) so i just ignored it. it got stronger though so i runbg our healthline b4 the midwife b4 the midwife got to my house i was in full on labour and was rushed stright to hospital i had a 45 min labour. Con of the castor oil it upset my tummy and i had the poos thrugh pushing not nice :( pros it did put me into labour and i had my baby on her due date,  but cator oil will only work if your body is ready for labour if its not it wont work. for me im now having my #3 and last i wouldnt use it again as the upset tummy was not pleasant but its the only reason i wont do it again.
every1s opinions on castor oil is different and every women and there baby is different, but my advise would be read a proper medical term of the risks of castor oil dont ask people for advise on that because no one really knows besides them. and advise for taking it on a personal note if your prepared for the consequences it causes then its up to you :)
I guess everyone is different. I did try castrol oil with my first daughter. I was due in august and i was miserable as hell. I made sure i ate a good meal before trying it. I drank plenty of water through out the day. I then took a teaspoon and drank a huge glass if orange juice after. The acid in the orange juice helped settle my stomach to where i didnt get diaherra. Then next morning i woke up stood up from the bed and i felt my pants they were soaked from me leaking. I went pee and my water broke the eest of the way. I got to the hospital and i was 5 cm dialated. Awesome expwrience for me. Ill deffiently do it again during my second pregnancy. Good luck :)