Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Castor Oil for constipation during pregnancy...

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

OK well I'm 37+5 and have been constipated for about two weeks give or take. I'll have to have a BM but I can't push it out then twice now.I've almost went on myself randomly just walking. OK well I know Castro Oil is often used to induce labor. I have been experiencing preterm labor and they've even had to stop it three times. Well I've.also read though that it doesn't really work until you're in your 40th week and cervix is already thinning or dilating. First question, is that true? Even having contractions it wont induce if I'm not dilated or 40 weeks will it?? Second question, some told me its OK to take half a recommended amount to help with constipation is that true?? I've never used it before and.was just wondering what y'all think?
Will it make me go into labor if I'm not thinned or.dilated and not 40 weeks? And is it OK to take half a dose for constipation at this stage in pregnancy and having had.contractions?
Also I am having a scheduled C-Section next Friday the 8th.
I would stay away from the castor oil and use an enema or suppository
I wouldnt risk it go get merilax i think i spelled it wrong but it helps its a stool softener using them is safe my OB said
I too recommend staying away from it.  Talk to your doctor or try a suppository.  
Okie dokie thanks ladies :) what are the risks? This woman is insisting its OK.
I have read alot of people talk about the baby goin in destress n with the risk of sending u into preeterm labor i would stay away from it
If you've been going into preterm labor, there's a high chance it will put you into labor. My sister took castor oil to induce labor, not to treat constipation, and a small about, like a tablespoon, and it shot her baby into the birth canal and wrapped the cord around his neck 3 times, he needed to be removed via emergency c-section because it happened so quickly, so I'd say it's not worth the risk! Good luck!
Oh thanks you guys! Yep definitely wont be doing that!! I'll find something different or suffer lol
Castor oil can also cause severe diahrea which in turn can cause dehydration which can cause preterm labor.  Eat raisens, I hate prune juice you can try it but there is another juice called plum smart that's good, activia yogurt, and milk of magnesia.  Good luck.
It can also cause the baby to have its first bowel movement (meconium) in the womb. If he swallows it, it can be really dangerous for the baby, they can develop lung infections or wose. Saw a documentary where the baby swallowed meconium, and they almost couldn't get him breathing. Scary.
*worse
I had my son 4 weeks early and he was even life flighted they thought he was having heart problems I too was told by a friend that it was safe but it def IS NOT!
Thank you guys for sharing your stories!!
KeeLolo commented on KeeLolo's status
27 mins ago
KTowne commented on renae176's status
28 mins ago
KeeLolo Duke apt is set..... March ... Comment
1 hr ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy