Castor Oil for constipation?
Okay ladies, let me first say that I am in NO WAY trying to have this baby early. I was put on Miralax for severe constipation, and I have been taking epsom salt baths every other day which I thought were working but im still constipated with only 2 days of relief in the past 3 weeks.

So I called my doc and he said to take castor oil, he said it wont send me into labor because A) my body isnt ready yet and B) if I drink a TON of water it wont send me into labor since castor oil makes you have diahreah and the dehydration is what makes it cause women to go into labor.

I dont think I want to try this method at all, so is there anything else I can take, I tried an enema but it didnt work either. Should I trust my doc and drink the castor oil, or just go and get a different OTC relief?
i dont think you should try the castrol iol method. just try eating things high in fiber. prunes juice you can drink or eat prunes
I tried prunes, and prune juice, and apple juice and even Karo syrup lol. I had done 2 medically prescribed enemas, had a few things done to make sure im not having a blockage which im not. I have done Miralax to no avail. Do you know of anything else that is safe? Im sorta desperate, but not desperate enough to do the castor oil.
i feel for you :) that has got to suck. i would stay hydrated drink plenty of water. im not sure what other things would help
I was told to take milk of magnesia.  And it helped me out so much.  But that was in my first trimester.  I would atleast try it before you try castor oil.  I took it one night and then the next and it helped me.  And it doesnt cause diahreah it just softens it.  Good luck to you.  
Thank you so much! I will go out and try it, but I am going to call and ask the doc first, I need to make sure it is safe or atleast safer than the castor oil laxative.

Thanks again!
No problem.  I hope it works for you.
i dont know if you you have it over there but try some metamucil..its this powder that you put in your water and it make you go! I wouldnt use the castor oil just for the fact that the cramps that youll get can send you into labour..ive heard of so many people using castor oil to go into labour and they have..so i wouldnt chance it hun! Try the metamucil! I bet you it will work! Good luck and i hope you feel better soon...i know what it feels like to be constiapted...im sure tons of women on here can feel your pain..thankfulkly i have never had it as bad as you..i feel sorry for you..thoes darn babies....they cause trouble before they even come out!! haha j/k......it taste good to..try it and let me know if it worked!
Thanks Rosa I will give that a shot too. Infact my doc just said to try metamucil if I didnt feel safe using the castor oil. So off to the store I go. Thank you!
BTS, my mom and grandma have always told me the best laxative and it WORKS, its an old remedy so I don't know but it works for me.
Anyway brew some coffee and let it sit until the next day, then warm it up the next day and drink it.  It'll send you to the bathroom in 20 minutes.  I don't know if it'll work when I'm pregnant but it works now.
Otherwise, metamucil works pretty well.
Mumita

I tried the coffee one as my first choice when this all started, My doc said caffiene will usually get things going but a pot of coffee later and nothing lol. I went out and got some metamucil, and a milkshake from burgerking(lactose intolerant) so maybe this mixture will help me go to the bathroom finally.
I eat a couple of Fiber Choice tablets every day. It seems to help me, and I know the difference between bad and not so bad, because last pregnancy I had really terrible constipation. Felt like I needed an epidural just to help me use the bathroom sometimes!
I have the plain orange flavored Fiber Choice tablets with the green cap (they're not sugar free). They actually taste good! Some days I take 3, but 2 usually does the job.

Also, do you eat yogurt at all? I don't really care for it, but it helps my ds poop like crazy! I can't give it to him every day or he'll poop all over the place. I give it to him every 2 or 3 days now. We just bought a "cotton candy" flavor that I actually like, so if I DO start having problems I will try it for myself! LOL

Good luck...I know I wouldn't want to take castor oil! BLAH!
Any chance hemmroids or swelling play a part in this?  
Nope no hemmroiad or swelling, Its a weird feeling and im warning it's a bit TMI, But I feel my poop right there like it's about to come out, but no matter how hard I strain it wont budge. It's frusterating as all get out, and im bloated, fatigued and so on. Im trying the metamucil, and if that doesnt work after a couple of days, I will try milk of magnesia. And if that doesn't work....Then Im going to walk in my docs office and rip every strand of hair off my head until he gives me something that will work, other than castor oil lol.
Hello all,

I am also having a severe constipation and tried many things. Metamucil, colace , senakota, prune juice etc. For me , now what's working is I am eating rotis or indian bread for dinner and in early morning taking a small shot of ginger + lime juice. By afternoon , I am having a bowel movement.
My dr always tells me milk of mag .. its true though if not ready u wont go into labor but it could make baby poop in you .. and its really gross ..