Cervical Position?
Does anyone know what position your cervix is in early pregnancy, and if it is supposed to be soft, or hard?  I know it varies from women to women. I am 5 days away from my af, and i feel very light cramps here and there, my nipples are very sensitive. I tried to check my cervix, and if feels soft i think and in some places hard. I am not sure if i am feeling my cervix or something else. Sorry to be a bit graphic...just curious.
i think it would be high and soft
During ovulation the cervix is SHOW (soft, high,open and wet). Around the time of menstration the cervix is low and hard. I've heard OB/GYNs making this analogy when referring to a pregnant vs. non-pregnant cervix: A non-pregnant cervix feels like a hard, unripe piece of fruit, while a pregnant cervix is more like an almost over-ripe plum. It becomes very tender and engorged with blood, especially early on in pregnancy.In the early stages of pregnancy you may notice that your cervix will rise a bit and become softer, but the timing of this happening will vary from woman to woman. You may see the change in your cervix shortly before your period is due or you may not feel this for several weeks.As the pregnancy progresses you will probably have an increase in vaginal discharge, but the cervical mucous is fairly minimal during pregnancy.

Some women may notice a change in their cervix in very early pregnancy but cervical position is not a good sign of pregnancy. That is because the cervix changes not only from woman to woman but from day to day and could even be different in the same woman at different times of the day.

I would recommend to check your cervix right after your period ends and check it every day, at the same time, in the same postion. That way you know how your cervix is suppose to feel at what point during your cycle and if it doesn't feel that it's suppose to you could use that to help you determine pregnancy. For a woman that doesn't check her cervix regularly I would say it's next to impossible to determine if she's pregnant or not by checking it.
Thanks, i know it is not the best way to determine pregnancy. I did check it a few days ago, and it since then, it has gotten softer. Hmm, dunno.
Its possible,but as you know changes day to day,i would try to feel it again when you are due.good luck..