Cervical Stitch in pregnancy
Hi; I just found out that I am pregnant(literally like 4 weeks preganant), and was already told by my doctor previously that should I fall pregnant, I would later on require a cervical stich (I had a letz procedures done earlier this year, when I was diagnosed with CIn3).  The question is, when (what month or week in pregnancy) is this sticth procedure normally performed, and what is expected of you afterwards or will happen to your body. My reasons are that my family is planning a holiday soon which invloves traveling by vehicle, and I would like to calculate the timeing, and also the safety etc.

Note also, I stay in a small town, and my doctor is not local.

Please help me in this matter.
It is done in the second trimester, with a couple of days bed rest after.  You might google "cerclage."  Here is one reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cervical_cerclage