Chemicals to avoid
I am 11 weeks pregnant but i still havent take any medicine or supplements for  my baby..
I works in chemistry laboratory. Is there any chemicals that i need to avoid? Seriously i am a bit scared if any of the chemicals in my lab will defect my fetus..

Thanks.
Syidah
What type and class of chemicals are you working with?  What precautions are you taking (PPE)?  Have you looked at the MSDS sheets?

There are many chemicals that will adversely effect your baby if exposure is over a certain level.  Knowing what you are being exposed to, and in what quantity, will better allow this question to be answered.  

Are you taking prenatal vitamins?  This is important during pregnancy.
i am working in the university's laboratory.Preparing for students practical classes. So i am dealing with alcohol, halogen, organic chemicals, inorganic chems etc... I've refer to the MSDS but there only stated the stability, toxicology. What is the term that show it is dangerous for baby?

I din't see any doctor since the pregnancy test as i face no problem during the time. Should i just enter the clinic and ask for medicine? or go to pharmacy to uy the supplements?  I have appointment with doctor only next month but that time i will be 15weeks already..
I don't know anything about chemicals but as for prenatal vitamins you need to start taking them asap.  Just go to the pharmacy and ask for prenatal vitamins.  The first trimester is a critical time for the development of the fetus.  Problems or not, seeing a physician as early as possibly is critical particularly when you know you are pregnant (not knowing is different).  Is there anyway you can see the doc earlier than week 15??  I would try to get in to see the doc asap.  
Do u mean prenatal vitamins is folic acid?
If that so, i will go to clinic by this week instead of waiting for the appointment...

Thanks...
Yeah you need folic acid too but there are prenatal vitamins that you should be taking also. I'm not sure about the chem lab tho. You should definitely see if you can get in to the doctor sooner than 15 wks. Good luck with your pregnancy!
1. You need to take Prenatal vitamins with folic acid and iron
2. You need to see a doctor right away
3. You  need to talk to your boss or employer to see if they can give you any assignments that will not be hazardous to your health since you are pregnant.
4. Any time you are working you should wear rubber gloves and use proper equipment for disposal of hazardous substances and avoid direct exposure with your skin.
You will need to be careful with any chemical that has a health rating of 2 or above - you can get this information from the MSDS sheet.  You can assume that the health hazard to you, also applies to your baby.

Halogenated solvents, aromatic solvents, hydrocarbons, short chain alcohols (methanol), ethers etc. are all potential risks - be especially careful w/ the more volatile compounds (methylene chloride, diethyl ether etc..).  Also bear in mind that some of these reagents are absorbed through the skin (and gloves) - the MSDS will provide this information.  The inorganic compounds probably arent as much a risk as ingestion would be the only way most of these compound could get into your blood stream (most inorganics are not absorbed through the skin and are not volatile).

Use standard chemical hygiene and handle all these materials in a fumehood with the appropriate gloves (nitrile for most solvents, and double glove for the halogenated solvents).  Do you have access to a respirator?

Absolutely address your concerns with your manager - I believe there are some OSHA mandates that apply to working w/ chemicals when pregnant that you can explore (i.e. you can not be forced to things that may represent a risk to developing baby).

Finally, pick up some prenatal vitamins from the store - its important you take these.  And yes, make an appointment w/ your doctor as soon as you can.