Choosing a pediatrician.
My doctor told me to start looking for a pediatrician but I'm not sure exactly how it works. Do I just call around and pick who ever I want? Just not sure how to get started on this. I'm a ftm.
You can ask your OB for some good ped.'s in your area, I had a ped. that was in my hospital that everyone said to go to to, so that's who I chose, ask some friends or family with children who they see and what they think of him/her, or look in local hospitals for ped's and meet with them to see who you like!
Start with asking friends/family in your area about their pediatrician and what they recommend. You can also call your ins number and they will give you names of docs in your area. Good luck.
I asked my doc for a list of pediatricians they recommend. If they dont have any recommendations, call your insurance and ask them for a list of pediatricians in your area that take your insurance, if you have a preference of male or female, they can narrow it down for you. If your doc does have a list, call those offices and see if they accept your insurance. You can also research the docs online to see reviews. Hope that helps!