Constipation (Any tips?) :(
I've been constipated for the past week and haven't had a bowel movement in about three days now. I'm getting light cramps on my lower belly and it hurts! Can this affect my baby? Does anyone have advice on helping with stool movement? (Sorry for the nasty subject?) I didn't have this problem with my last pregnancy so I'm honestly at a lose. My grandmother told me to have a tea spoon of olive oil but that did not help.
There is a powder at the store that you put in a glass of whatever you are drinking. I can not remember the name.off hand but it has a purple lid. I would go to walmart/target and ask the pharmacist where it ia and they can help.
hi Mrs

something you should know is that not having bowel movement for 3 days doesn't mean constipation .... its OK to have it 3 times a week or sometimes twice .. maybe its your diet or type of food you are having this time ...

and its normal for a pregnant woman to have some constipation at some point 50% of the pregnant women report that , the reason for that is the increase in some hormones like progesterone  which relaxes smooth muscles throughout the body, including the digestive tract. This means that food passes through the intestines more slowly.... or maybe due to the pressure of your growing fetus in your rectum in the late pregnancy

so it's OK ... it will not affect your baby ... unless its complicated with other diseases, if you have severe constipation or it tuned out to diarrhea or there is some mucus in the stool ...go to the doctor right away ...................... but here are some recommendations for you to do :

- Eat high fiber foods such as whole-grain cereals and breads, brown rice, beans
- eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day
- add some tablespoons of unprocessed wheat bran  to your cereal in the morning and following it with a glass of water can help, though it may take a few days before you notice a difference.
- exercise regularly ... walk with your dog , ride a bike , swim.
- Drink a lot of water
- its preferred to go to the bathroom after you eat because your bowel is active then ....
- Iron may cause constipation , if you are taking a high content iron tablets and you are not anemic ... ask you doctor to switch it to a lower iron content .
- if all of that didn't work ... you can get some of the over-counter fiber supplements or stool softener ...
Chocolate milk and banana does it for me. Foods high in fiber. Do u eat dry foods a lot? Try making yourself soups.
Try fiber bars. And the powder she is talkin about is benefiber both work great!
I was anemic during my first pregnancy due to never eating red meat. The iron tablets and.iron infusions made me constipated in my last trimester. I tried metamucil, benefibre, prunes.. Everything. I ended up havig to have an enema at the hospital, but that was because I hadnt had a bm for WEEKS lol they told me if I didnt get it out my baby wouldnt come out haha. So I had it done & she was born 3days later.
if your really struggling consult your doctor they can prescrib lacouse which is safe in pregnancy but you have to get it precribed chemists wont sell it over counter in UK x
Thank you all for your reply's!!! I've been eating spinach and what not trying to give it time to settle in and see how it goes from there.
MIRLAX! ITS A POWERED AND SAFE, YOU PUT IT IN TEA OR JUICE NO SODA!
If you want to take something colace is awesome and safe to take while pregnant. It doesn't make you go just makes it easy. You also might want to change prenatals sometimes they can be really rough on the bowels.
For Pregnancy, you might use Bidet4me Bidet to help your personal hygiene. This is what my doctor recommend me before.    Good Luck. =)