Cough drops during pregnancy
I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is safe to take Halls for a sore throat while pregnant.  My Dr. said not to take anything without asking first, but his office is closed for the day & my throat is soooo sore!!!  
Well, I have three children and pregnant with my fourth and I have taken halls for a stuffy nose, and my girls came out just fine.  The doctor will tell you not to take too many but 1 or 2 a day will be no harm whatsoever.  I also know that they say after the baby reaches 13 weeks, you can be more relaxed with doing certain things like that because all of the babys organs are develpoed fully at that point.  I usually dye my hair after the 13th week.  But taking 1 or two halls wont harm the baby.  Hope this helps.
I have taken halls in my first pregnancy and this one and also used vicks to help relieve headaches and stuffiness. In moderation, those things are fine. But always ask your doc if you are truly concerned about it. I was told it was okay from my midwife, but it varies from doc to doc.
You can have cough drops but limit how many you take.
the reason they say not to taken them is because menthol can cause contractions. limit the amount, but if you have any history of problems or complications, check with your OB first. DH is a pharmacist, and he does not let me take Halls while pregnant :/

however, non-menthol cough drops like cherry ludens should be ok.
I hace a pamphlet that my doctor wrote up about nasal stuffiness/cold symptoms.

"Drink lots of fluids (water). May take Actifed, Sudafed, Dimetapp, Tylenol Sinus, Chlor-trimecton, Robitussin per symptoms. Use warm salt water to gargle and follow with chloraseptic spray. Sucrets and other throat lozenges. Call if fever over 100.4F and/or if symptoms persist."

So unless any of those meds have recently been taken off the "safe list" I would say there's some suggestions.

I agree with tiredbuthappy about the menthol ones. Try menthol-free.
You can always call the hospital and see if they will give you any advice, I was told it wasn't ok for any kind of cough drop, they used either 123 or ABC for listing drugs that were 1/A safe  2/B okay  3/C not really recommended...so I would check first, but I checked with my doctor before I took any kind of medication.
A pharmacist will be able to answer any medication safety questions. They know more than doctors when it comes to drug side effects and safety. And they are easily available.
Walgreens pharmacists have always told me that cough drops are safe to use, same with sudafed PE.
Thank you all so much for your input.  I really appreciate it.  It helps alot!
Any Halls medicine is safe to take while pregnant.  As long as it is used for its purpose and not as candy. The fewer the better, maybe only 2-3 a day. Tylenol is also fine to take if it's a cold your facing!