Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Coughing while pregnant...

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Coughing while pregnant...

Hi im 3 months and 2 day's, i have this cough that doesn't go away i am scared that my baby is affected by my coughing, day by day my coughing gets worst i wonder what treatment should i do with out any bad things that would happen to my baby...
P.S i am wondering if ginger tea (natural made) is ok to drink... thanks and i am looking forward to your answers
Tags: pregnant
I don't think it will do anything to your baby. Ginger tea would be fine to drink...same with honey and lemon tea...it's good to soothe a sore throat as well.
I would talk to your doctor or pharmacist to see what type of medicine you can take. I had a cough last week and was thinking more than anything that the baby is probably mad at me because it's being tossed around in there! LOL
You'll be ok....drink plenty of fluids and take some extra vitamin C as well.....that's all I took and it really helped!
if you live in the UK a chest infection is going around. Thought id warn you :D
Ermm
But plenty of fluids and natural things, you can make a honey and lemon  ermm over the hob. drink thing.  I shall ask how its made then get back too youu
just not allowed to take any cold and flu things.

Hope this kinda helps.
I had a bad cough with a cold in my first trimester the dr finally prescribed me something after 2 weeks. Call ur OB and they will give you something safe
hey, I had this early in my pregnacy and was really really worried, i saw a doctor who said it wasnt an infection so just advised paracetamol and water, that seemed to work a little but not as much as hot drinks and rest. Ive also read that ginger tea is ok to drink, just try to google it and im sure youll get the answer for that one :)
specialmom commented on photo
11 mins ago
Des92 my hospital has put me off.... Comment
51 mins ago
krichar commented on photo
1 hr ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy