Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Decaf Coffe while TTC

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Decaf Coffe while TTC

So when i started TTC i stopped drinking coffe with caffine. so i got decaf. but i read somewhere that the process they use to make it decaffeinated is bad for u. is this true?
and what are some other alternative things to drink while TTC and pregnancy. i prefer hot drinks over cold because they help me relax.
I've never heard that the process to decaf was bad for you.  Where did you read this?  My doctor told me decaf tea and coffees were fine.

Also, my mom has a neurological disorder and is on medications and she can't have caffeine or alcohol and she has been drinking decaf for 20+ years.

I think it is perfectly fine and safe.
I've never heard that decaf was bad either, but if you are truly concerned about it or want to try something new, there is something called Teeccino. You can find it at a natural foods store. You brew it just like you would coffee, and it comes in different flavors, mocha, hazelnut, etc. And it contains no coffee beans!! It's an herbal mixture and I think it tastes great. If you tried it, I don't even think you could tell there were no coffee beans in it. Even if you just want to mix things up or try it, it can't hurt because it's all natural.
But from what I've heard it's the caffeine you want to avoid, so I would think decaf is just fine. =)
Well i looked up that Teeccino and their website actually has stuff about decaf being bad for u. well its not as bad as caffeinated but it still has carcinogenic stuff in it and acidity.
http://www.teeccino.com/decaf.aspx
"It is well-known throughout the coffee industry that decaffeinated coffee is more acidic than regular coffee due to the fact that decaffeinated coffee is made from Robusta beans" "Numerous studies show that decaffeinated coffee raises the risk for heart attacks similar to regular coffee in spite of the lowered levels of caffeine" "Just like regular coffee, decaf coffee produces a variety of adverse metabolic effects that include stimulating the sympathetic or autonomic nervous system, which raises heart rate, blood pressure and causes shaking and tremors commonly thought of as "coffee jitters". "
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Sharii2408 commented on photo
Sharii2408 commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy