Decidual Bleeding vs. Menstrual Bleeding
What are the main differences between decidual bleeding and menstrual bleeding from an outward physical viewpoint. i.e) no how the process works or what is happening internally. How would a person go about deciphering between the two?
Decidual bleeding is where you only shed a little part of the uterine lining, whereas in a menstural cycle you shed all of the lining. It can be hard to tell the two apart, as the flow can be quite similar. In most cases with decidual bleeding, it's not quite as long or the flow might not be quite as heavy. Another difference is, is that decidual bleeding is very uncommon. Most women will never experience this. (same as implantation bleeding)
Would last around maybe 2 1/2 days compared to a full 7?
Would it last around maybe 2 1/2 days compared to a full 7?
Actually it is common,I have been reading tons of post and many sites that all have said it is so common that 30+%pregnant women have both implantation and residual bleeding
I also researched and learned that many multiple ladies in early pregnancy experienced some bleeding around the time their menstruation was due up to 1st. 3 months.Should always check with obgyn,but if you research,you will learn that in fact,bleeding during early pregnancy is common,30% pregnant women have this,and it has not had a negative effect.
If it is decidual bleeding, there will be little to no clotting in the flow, and it won't last as long. So yes, it could last a few days as compared to the usual amount of time in your flow cycle. Also, you won't cramp as bad, due to the smaller amount of uterine lining that is being shed. I've been having breakthrough bleeding my whole pregnancy, due to a genetic hormone disorder, so you aren't alone. Like LadyPasadina said, it is actually more common than most people think. Hope this helped, and best wishes for you and baby :)