Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Decidual Bleeding

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Decidual Bleeding

Just came across the term decidual bleeding. Just wondering if I could be encountering it as it is mentioned that decidual bleeding messes up hormones causing hpt to be negative..Dear All,

I had mutual masturbation session with a guy friend(no penetration, just fingering but afraid of semen,pre-semen on his fingers) on 25th July 2010 and since then I have been having my periods regularly but I stumbled upon articles where women who can have their period and still be pregnant. I got paranoid and took a home pregnancy test at the end of November and once more on 18 Dec 2010. My last period was on 9th December. All negative.

Could it be decidual bleeding? How long does decidual bleeding last? My period generally lasts 5 days and I have to change my pads about 3-4 hours during the first 2 days and subsequent days i change them at later intervals.

Just to add I have been exercising actively for a month and sometimes get spotting but probably because I'm stressing my body out with my vigorous work out regime. Just added this information incase it may matter.
I hope I'm not too paranoid..Thank You All. :) Just need help. I thought I have gotten over the implantation bleeding...now its decidual bleeding.

Warmest Regards,
Anna
Hi Anna:-) Being that Decidual bleeding describes partial shedding of the uterine lining during the first few months of pregnancy, I'd say No. This bleeding can be similar to a menstrual period and can occasionally prevent a woman from realizing that they are pregnant until they start having "pregnancy symptoms". But since there was no penetration, and your "mutual masturbation" was back in July and you've taken 2 HPT's that are negative, I wouldn't worry yourself too much:-) If you don't want to take any risks by getting pregnant, you should look into a more semi-permanent Birth Control like a IUD, or the Depo Shot! Hope this helps!!!
Dear Mrs 052519,

Thank You for your valuable insight. Do you have any idea what exactly is decidual bleeding? Is it kind of in between implantation bleeding and a normal period? Normal period is where the whole lining is shed. Just wondering if you know what decidual bleeding looks like and how long it lasts? and if it comes around the same time when a period is due. Thank You once again :) I will definitely look into the birth control options you've recommended but not sure if they have it in Germany. :)
Decidual Bleeding is just bleeding in the first trimester (kinda like mrsprincine said) It's quite different from implantation bleeding as that only occurs when a fertilized egg implants into the uterus. This is normally 7-14 days after ovulation/fertilization. Some women confuse decidual bleeding with a period only because for some it mimics a normal flow. This also occurs in the first trimester of pregnancy. Both Decidual Bleeding and Implantation Bleeding only occur in around 30% of women, and are not common. But as posted above, you're not pregnant. In the situation you posted it isn't possible, so you have nothing to worry about. If pregnancy was really this easy to achieve there would be a lot more children in the world than we have now. Good luck.
Thank You. But in the first trimester can decidual bleeding occur for the first few months? Just wondering Thank You again :)
The first trimester is the first three months of pregnancy 1-13 weeks. But there is NO possible way that you are pregnant so this is all a non issue. And at this point you would be very very clearly pregnant if you were indeed pregnant but based on your situation there is NO POSSIBLE WAY OF PREGNANCY. You should see your gynecologist to discuss birth control options and until then do NOT put yourself in situations where you are concerned of pregnancy.
You're welcome. I hope the three of us have explained Decidual bleeding and you understand it. Again you HAVE TO BE PREGNANT to even experience Decidual bleeding and in your case, YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT. If for whatever reason you feel your questions still isn't answer's then your gynecologist IS the person you should talk to.

@ Clysta and SunWorshiper- THANKS. I thought I was going nuts for a minute there!!...
Thank You :)
Hey Guys! My name is Jessy. I'm 19. I'm so sorry 2 bother you. I have a question. I too would like to know how long Decidual bleeding last and is it as heavy as a normal period. I am on bcp but I'm the paranoid type. Let me explain. Me and my BF had sex two weeks ago with a condom and I'm on my second pack of bcp. The condom did not break and he pulled out before he came even though we used a condom. My period started when the pill indicated that it would and it's heavier than last month. But I'm so paranoid. Especially since I read about decidual bleeding. I just want to know more about it. I'm stressed and I know it's probably for nothing. I don't have other symptomes. The reason why I'm scared is with my first pack I started 10 days after my period because the pharmacist had to order my pills. So I'm scared that it would've slowed down the process of the pill and that I would ovulate in the second pack. Could you guys tell me maybe more about decidual bleeding and if the pill was effective after my first month? Thanks so much!
I've been "bleeding "  for the last two months. But I've also had many pregnCy systoms. Nauseous vomiting, breast tenderness...is it possible I'm pregnnt?
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
1 hr ago
Hollus commented on mandaszoo's status
Hollus, hansen20, KTowne, and Des92 commented on Des92's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy