Dialation and thinning
So I should be due in about a week and I had an appt this morning to do a cervical exam. They said I'm not dialated yet but I'm 80% efaced. Is that good? If I'm 80% thinned out when should I start dialating? I don't know much about dialation and thinning of the cervix and when labor begins so any info would be great :) I was hoping that he would come early but I'm not sure what to think about that if I havn't even began to dialate yet. So what do you all think?  
it really just depends..its different person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy..i was thinned out 50% for over a month before any dilation happened. you could be that way for awhile before you dilate and go well past your due date or you could go into labor tonight and not even be dilated yet..
all i can tell you is to walk walk walk. that'll get the baby to move down and engage which will help you dilate. also have lots of sex. :)
you will be in strong labour when the cervix has dilated 10cm anything smaller could cause damage if you push,