Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Doctors office inside joke!

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Doctors office inside joke!

so today i hate my 35 week checkup and my doc asked me if i had any questions. well i asked him about the baby dropping and when it might happen and he looked at me and said.. in all seriousness.....
That its funny because so many pregnant women are worried about things like the baby dropping and mucus plugs, and that it was an inside joke to everyone at the hospital because he said these things dont really make that big of a difference!
he said that no matter when your baby drops or you lose the mucus plug it doesnt mean anything like youll go into labor soon! he said him and the nurses always shared a little smile when one of us pregnant women went on and on about mucus plugs and the baby dropping!
this from the head of the department! hes also a high risk doctor! i thought it was kind of funny considering what a tissy we all work ourselves into over these things so i laughed with him! just this week i was worryinhg about the baby dropping and there have been a couple posts on the mucus plug!
I've been told similar things relating to the mucous plug... at my last visit, the RN told me that when you lose your mucous plug, the only thing it tells you/them is that you're due to deliver your baby sometime in the next 8 weeks!  In other words, it really doesn't tell you much.  
Course, I have to say, if my doctor told me that they would smile (sharing an inside joke) when a woman asked these questions, I might be a little annoyed with the lack of professionalism... yeah that's fine if that's true, but a LOT of woman don't realize these things and are under the impression that they are relavent to the date of delivery.  I've read (and therefore thought) that when the baby drops, you can assume you're on your way there... whether it be in an hour or a week.    
I totally agree with him. I find I have to be really patient answering questions about stuff like that. I feel like I'm constantly saying, "Baby will come when they come". What drives me the most crazy is people who are 32-26 weeks along and are wanting to know how to induce labor because they're already dilated.
I meant 32-36 weeks.
When I asked my Doctor if he could tell if TJ dropped and that I thought he had.. he responded right away, " Well, we don't want you dropping the baby... that wouldn't be a good thing!"

he had a serious face! but was joking... I had to laugh.
Tillyrose joined this community
Welcome them!
Tillyrose joined this community
Welcome them!
Hollus Hardships Often prepare ord... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy