Does Black Cohosh Tablets Work to Induce Labor?
Im almost 37 weeks pregnant and am in constant pain, I know i should complain, But Its to the point of me going insane. Ive also been told i have an Irritable Uterus, which makes it worse, since ive been having contractions since i was 32 weeks. I was concidering going to the store today and getting some black cohosh...Anyone know if it works?
I've heard that it's sometimes used by pregnant women to induce labour, but it should never be done without medical supervision or without a doctor telling you to. You're just barely at term and still have 3 weeks before your baby is due. You might be in pain, but it's best for your baby to stay put until it's ready. Not when you're ready. Taking too much of this can also cause problems for you as well. I personally wouldn't advise it.
I totally understand where you're coming from, i really do. But Ive also heard that f its "not time" the cohosh wont do anything. I think because i have an IU, im having issues contracting, which is what the black cohosh is used to help with...i contract, but do not dialate, which brings me to believe that He really is ready...I dont see it as me being impatient, I feel like im just being realistic.
It's up to you honestly. But a pregnancy is 40 weeks, not 37. Just because you contract doesn't meant your child is ready. There's women that will contract (and diliate) at 30 weeks but their babies aren't ready. It's just pre term labour. Just give it time. Like I said. You have 3 weeks left for your body to do what it needs before you try to force the child out. I know you said you see it looks like you're being realistic, but personally I think being realistic is just letting your baby stay like it needs to. Again, the choice is yours though.
I'm not recommending this and would talk to your midwife/OB first but...

I was told that evening primrose oil capsules can be inserted in your vagina near your cervix to dissolve. It helps ripen the cervix. I don't know anything about the black cohosh though.

Also, good old fashion sex can help with that too. If you are feeling up to it :)
If you want to be uncomfortable with diarrhea take the black cohosh. lol I wouldnt insert anything in there either because you could introduce infection.   Try drinking red rasberry leaf tea 3 times a day.  And this is going to sound graphic, but take a shower and allow the water to go directly on your breasts and wash the nipple area with a wash cloth.  This makes you produce oxytocin naturally which stimulates labor. Also having sex can create the same effects if you feel up to it.  If you are truely ready to go into labor these should help, if not unfortunately you will stay pregnant no matter what you do.  Sorry your feeling bad, hope this helps good luck to you.
A baby is considered full term at 37 to 40 weeks so its perfectly fine a babys lungs are matured to serve outside the womb. I wouldnt take it with asking a doctor first. Try having sex, walking, eating spicy foods, nipple simulation, and castor oil.