Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Dull Lower Back Pain at a little over 35 weeks?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I was wondering what could be causing this lower back pain that I have been having since yesterday afternoon. It seems to be constant, yet some times it is worse than others. I also have a lot of BH when the back pain gets really bad. Earlier it made me stop what I was doing because it was so bad... it was kind of like throbbing pain. Oh it was bad. Now, it is just a dull (yet really uncomfortable) ache right above my butt crack. LOL. What could this be?

I don't know if the baby has dropped yet or not. I think she has because I feel a lot more hip pain and pressure down there like when I sit to go to the bathroom and what not. I go to the doctors tomorrow morning and she is going to check me for dilation and stuff. What could this be? And what can I do about it?
any info please?
sounds like it's probably related to your contractions... i have been having the same thing.  mine are more like dull annoying pains combined with cramping.  they have been going on sporadically for the last several days.  i think it's our bodies getting ready for the big day!!  you may want to ask your doctor about it at your next appointment and call them sooner if you see a real pattern with them.  good lucK!
I've been having the same thing as krissyy this past week... mine aren't really a throbbing pain, they're more of a dull achy back pain that is accompanied with cramping (very similar to period pains).  At my Friday check-up (I'm just about 38 weeks) the RN told me that I was 1-2 cm dilated.. and when I inquired about the contraction pains and back pains/cramping that I'd been having, she said that it's all related to our bodies getting prepared for the big day (like krissyy said).  Hopefully it'll die down some for you... wouldn't want to rush things at 35 weeks... but it doesn't sound like anything you should really be worrying about right now (unless it comes with other symptoms like bleeding or intense/constant cramps).  
Thank you for the information. I actually called L&D lastnight because it got so bad and they told me that if the contractions got 5 mins. apart for me to go up there. They were just about there and I went and bought a heating pad (for the back pain) and just layed down. I ended up falling asleep and woke up at 3am with the back pain and it had gotten like 10x worse! I woke up DH and he rubbed my back until I fell back asleep. This morning, it is still achy, but nothing compared to what is was yesterday and lastnight.

I go to the doctors this morning, so I will be sure to let her know how things are going. Thanks again.
let us know how it goes...i'm thinking you will probably have some dialation progress.
hi i'm 36 weeks pregnant is past few weeks ben feeling so much pressure and my hips feel like there goin to cave in! also 4 info but went toilet the other day and wiped and noticed little dots of blood nt much! nt sure if my plug has come away because been exsperiencin loads of discharge ans past couple of days been getting lower back spasems???? xxx
I'm 35 weeks and last night I had a lot of diarrhea and lower back pain. Now this morning I have a lot of cramping and lower back pain. I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to Labor and Delivery. So they could check me. Any idea what I should do?
KTowne commented on hansen20's status
hansen20 24 weeks and have to go do ... Comment
KeeLolo commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy