ER visit
Does anyone know if I can go to the ER and request them to do an u/s? The new doctor I saw friday said they wont do one until I have a positive blood test...but Ive already had a pelvic that my other ob said she was 95% sure there was a baby and 2 hpt yeses...I NEED TO KNOW NOW????ARGH
I'm not sure where you live so I don't know if you can.  Usually they want to wait a few weeks to do an ultra sound scan because say your 4-5 weeks from LMP your baby may only measure 2-3 and they may not be able to see anything causing needless stress and worry cause generally you don't see anything/very much until 6 weeks minimum and even then some people don't see anything until the 8th week.  If your pelvic and HPT's are positive I would take it that you are and await your blood tests but try and be patient and wait as long as possible before having an ultra sound.  Congrats and a healthy happy 9 months! SSBD!
You had a positive hpt and doctors appointment.  It is a fair assumption that you are pregnant.  Just wait for the blood tests they shouldn't take more than a day or two and as Kylie said if you are early you will have to wait anyway.  ER's are for emergencies.  You needing to more confirmation your pregnant isn't an emergency.  
If you are early in your pregnancy, an ultrasound probably wont show anything and then cause unneccessary stress.. Some places dont even do ultrasounds unless they are cause for concerns...  Where I live unless they have a reason, they dont schedule early ultrasound and the soonest you can get one is 12 weeks.. . Sometimes they just do the 20 week one if they are not dating concerns...  It feels like an eternity to wait...  but your blood tests can be a good indicator if your pregnancy is viable.
I agree with the other posters, it's better to just wait.  They have stated all the good reasons why so I won't reiterate!
The ER is not going to perform any tests they can not prove as necessary.  I work for a hospital and I am sure we all know hospitals are under a lot of scrutiny right now from the government on performing tests that are not deemed medically necessary.  So to answer you question, no an ER is not going to run a test just because you want them to, if you do demand it and you will pay for it yourself, they will write orders for you to do it as an outpatient procedure (since it is not an emergency) where you will then go back to your doctor where they will more than likely make you pay for it yourself if they even agree to do it.
Im sorry ladies, I had written an earlier post and thought I metioned the same here...I had blood work done at my frst ob visit...that came back negative...that is why all the confusion
Also, when she did my pelvic she said we were about 6 weeks...that was on the 20th of July
I replied under your other post that you needed to have a BETA HCG done.  It sounds like you only had a yes/no blood test which can be false if it were too early.
Baby died at 3 weeks...ready to lose my mind...carried her for 4 weeks before we found out she died.. wtf...my heart is broken...never felt this  alone
i'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this. while it doesn't make things any better, it sometimes can help to know that many of us have gone through a miscarriage (including myself) and we have some understanding of how you feel.talk to us if you need to and take good care. hugs