Early pregnancy and bleeding
On Monday I found out I was pregant.  My last period started on 09-25-08 and when I took the test I was about 8 or 9 days late.  On Tuesday, I started spotting and went to the ER on Wednesday.  They did bloodwork and an ultrasound.  My hcg level was 101.  I was told that I could be having a spontaneous abortion and to follow up with an ob/gyn.  I visited the dr on Thursday and was told the same thing, and they did more bloodwork, and was told to come back on Monday for more bloodwork so they could check if my hcg levels were going up.  On Thursday night I was experiencing back pain, and my bleeding was heavier Friday morning.  It is Saturday now.  The cramping and back pain feels like a normal period.  I have had some clotting, which is also normal during menstrual cycles for me.  I just don't know what to think.  Has anyone had a similar experience?  All this waiting to find out what is going on is driving me insane.  All I've been told ths far is that my hcg levels are low which either means that I'm very early along or that I don't have a viable pregnancy.  Based on the last time I had sex I would have to be at least 3 wks.  Has anyone bled with clotting early on and still had a good pregnancy?  I am 27 and this is my first pregnancy.
Hi With my first son i bleed for the first 4 months of my pregnancy mostly a regular peroid but sometimes thicker and nothing was wrong at all i had a heathy baby boy who is now 17 years old. my daughter is 7 and i only once had clotting with her and was told that it could be a seld abortion which is a miscarriage and i was about 7 weeks once i had the ultra sound it showed the sac may have been opening went for another ultra sound 12 days later and it was like nothing has ever happened. i had a little cramping with her but she also was a heathy baby. so it could be a miscarriage but than it could be a few other things if you are really early it could be just cleaning out your insides thats what i was told with my daughter so i would not worry until your doctor actually tells you something mind you i know how hard that can be. you will be in my thoughts and keep thinking postive.
You would be considered 5 weeks pregnant and although your levels are on the lower side all that really matters is that they double between 48-72 hours. Anytime you bled during pregnancy they give it a 50-50 chance of continuing.I bled for 5 weeks straight during my pregnancy from weeks 5-10. It was bright red... if possible worse then a period and had clots and cramps and the whole shabang. My daughter is now 10 months old and just fine. The reason for my bleeding was something called a subchorionic hematoma (when the sac seperate a little from the uterine wall and blood collects behind the placenta).