Eclipse
So i dont know how many of you mommas belive in putting a safety pin in your belly the whole pregnancy or just when an eclipse is going to happen or never. Well i heard there is going to be and eclipse on the 20th may. How true and does it really affect the baby? Im still wearing one i just wanted some feed back.
I've never heard of this, but do u put it over your shirt or actually stick it in your belly button?
I googled it. It says during the eclipse safety pin a key over your belly but nothing about all pregnancy, so I think I'm gna do it for fun:)
How do you put it over your belly button and what's it supposed to do??
Well you put it on your shirt over your belly button dont stick it in lol. Well what ive heard is that the eclipse rays are some times so strong that it.can affect the baby. Im mexican and those are the belives. Thats why babies have a clef mouth like i said i dont know how true that is but if i dont do it my mother in law will chew my butt.
It keeps the baby from having cleft lip(they believed the eclipse was the moon taking a bite out of the sun and if the mom watched it, her baby would have cleft lip) and you pin it over your shirt or underwear so it's covering baby. That's what I found out about it at least.
She believes in all of that.
Well do what she says so she doesn't chew your butt lol but if baby is going to have that, it's mostly from genetics.
Someone else online (I just Google'd it as well) said something about it causing labor??
Supposedly it affects the plants to so my mom would cover her plants. Ill ask the doctor today i have an appointment he will probably look at me like are you serious.
Mrssandefur I heard that too. Hopefully its true ill be 38 Weeks on sat so im ready to have this baby.
Haha I just wanna know.if it's supposed to start labor if I don't cover my belly button.
I keep going into.preterm labor and I am honestly thinking my date.is off.by at least a week which then I'd really be 37 weeks rather then 36. I just wanna have my baby lol
Well my mother belives in that....soo ill  to be on the safe side...Ive been wearing red undies with safety pins since Tuesday bcus my mom told me their has been small eclipse but the big one is Sunday
Thats a new for me i didnt know about the red underwear.
This interested me i like learning about other cultures, i red online too that it said to cover the belly button during the eclipse, wear red underwear, not to watch it, and to not fall asleep during it.
I'm Mexican too and I heard the same thing that pregnant women should wear a safety pin or even red undies or a red ribbon around the belly
Mee I will be doing it.(:
I'm Mexican too and I remembered about that today and was going to ask the same thing. I remember my mom wearing it when she was pregnant. My grandmother always beleived in that and made my mom wear a saftey pin. She always told my mom that it could cause birth defects. I'm going to wear one just to be on the safe side. It won't hurt to wear it!!