Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
FINALLY Home!!

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

FINALLY Home!!

Well they gave me Iron twice yesterday....around 11 and then 3 and redrew my blood at 5.  

Yest morning my hemoglobin was 8.5 and they wanted it to be atleast 9 before discharge.  When they did the draw at 5 it was  exactly 9 so we FINALLY got to go home.  AFter doing the discharge process for me and Lily we got home around 8 pm last night.  

It was so nice to spend the night in my own home where I had room to move and could eat whenever I wanted.  Lily and I set up camp in the living room for a little while so we don't disturb everyone else being up all hours of the night.  She did really good.  I fed her around 9:30 and put her in her bassinett.  Then we got up around 3 for her to eat, then again at 6:30 so not too bad.  

The hardest part is keeping all of the other kids away from her as much as possible since they are all sick.  Gabe keeps staring at her and pointing and if you are holding her he walks over with his arms out like he wants to hold her.  He'll kiss her gently on the top of the head and say "awwww"  

Breastfeeding is going well.  My milk is coming in pretty good.  I realized last night that while I was nursing her on the left side, my right side was actualy leaking so that's a good sign.  I did ask for a script for reglan becuase of my normal supply issues but things seem to be going good atm so I may hold off on it for a bit and see.

Hope everyone else is doing well...This is definately Baby week on MedHelp :)
I'm glad your finally home! I seem to be very emotional at this time bc this post just made me cry! I can't wait to be in ur shoes.

Also makes me sad that I can't tell my sister to get her Basinet back from her friend bc I'm trying to have a baby. She's had it for all her kids and my mom gave it to her but she doesn't want more for awhile so she said she will pry just get a new one. :(
So glad your finally home!!!  Your poor family its such a horrible time to be sick, i bet all the kids are just dying not being able to hold there lil sister yet.     Glad Your breastfeeding is going good! Keep up the good work Mommy!!!
Yay for being home!  Ms Lilly sure is a pretty little girl and what dark eyes she has.  The nursing and the fact she wasn't born when you first git sick will definitely help keep her well.  I nursed jazmine for a year and she got sick once for about a day the whole time while hubby and myself probably got sick 10 or so times in that same time frame.  Nursing is beneficial for so many reasons and I'm glad I was able to do so.  
Congrats! It was such a long last few weeks for you what with the sickness and sinuses.I am so happy you finally got to go home. I cannot wait until I am at home with my little one. Only 1.5 weeks to go for me. These Sept babies sure are coming one after another! Yay for Sept mommies!
Welcome home!!!!  That's fabulous that everything's going so well.....hope everyone gets well fast - they're missing out on precious newborn holding time!
Welcome home :)
well done, glad to hear you are both home and doing well.
Glad to hear that you guys are doing well. Hoepfully the others recover soon so they can spend time with your newest addition. Good luck with the breastfeeding!!
OctoberMommy2014, and TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
8 mins ago
Shannon79 uploaded a new photo
21 mins ago
OctoberMommy2014, and hansen20 commented on KeeLolo's status
39 mins ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy