Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Falling while Pregnant

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Falling while Pregnant

I just fell down a little embankment, it is about 2 -1/2 feet high, I didn't hit my stomach, but I rolled around on the ground.I am 3 months. Do I have to worry about a miscarriage?

you shouldnt, but if your in bad pain go to the ER . i fell down a flight of steps( 17 steps) when i was 7 months with my last son. he was fine. sorry you fell
Avatar n tn
Thank you so much for the assurance, I am not feeling pain, I just think nerviousness is more like it!
i know the feeling. congrats to your new baby
Avatar n tn
I actually fell UP stairs of all things when I was pregnant.........LOL  My doc. told me that the baby is very well protected in their and it would take a pretty harsh fall to do any harm.  So yeah unless you start having bad pains or anything I wouldn't worry.  I'm sure you'll be fine.
I would at least just call and let your doctor know.  I fell when I was 32 weeks pregnant on a Sat.  I didn't really feel any pain except for being sore and a huge bruise on my knee!!!  I wasn't bleeding either.  But I called my doctor on Mon. morning just to let him know.  I'd been having contractions off and on, which isn't necessarily unusual for how far along I was.  I'd been doing the Braxton Hicks thing anyway.  He sent me to Labor and Delivery to have them monitor me and the baby.  He wanted to make sure that the baby wasn't under any stress from the contractions.  Everything turned out just fine but I was glad I called anyway.  I just thought well, what if something happened later as a result of that fall and I didn't tell my doctor.  I could just hear his lecture now.  Ha!  Ha!
Since you aren't that far along you should be fine. Your baby is VERY protected in there and even if you fall on your belly (or slam your car door into it like I did lol!) your baby should be fine. In later pregnancy they worry about it because it could cause you to go into preterm labor.
Lumibutterfly added the Pregnancy Tracker
1 hr ago
hansen20, and KTowne commented on hansen20's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy