First Ultrasound Scan, Should I worry?
My girlfriend is due to have her first Ultrasound scan, neither of us have ever had children and it is a new experience for the two of us. She is 20 years old, very healthy and has had never had a known miscarraige.
It was a welcome surprise, but we have certainly grown attatched to the idea of having a baby.

She will be having her first scan next week which the doctor predicts she will be 13 weeks pregnant.

She is still experiencing symptoms such as morning sickness, pains in her breasts etc, but she constantly worries that she may indeed not be pregnant.

Despite atleast three tests taken that were positive.

Any advice? Is there any reason to worry at this stage?
No need to worry. All sounds pretty normal at her stage. The morning sickness should taper off soon hopefully and the breast pains are all too normal. They are growing and milk ducts are doing their thing!
It's also totally normal to feel anxiety before the first scan but the majority of cases you fall in love with the image bouncing around on that screen!
It's very exciting! :)
Sounds like everything's right on track, but the scan will tell you a lot. It's a lot of fun to see them, though, so I'd see it as something to look forward to. :)
Thank you very much Heatherm4. I just can't wait to get the anxiety out of the way and start really preparing for our future.
I completely understand. With my first pregnancy I was FULL of anxiety, especially before my first ultrasound. It took me quite a few weeks to snap out of it.
With this pregnancy I was anxious because I've been sick this whole time and haven't been gaining weight but now I feel her moving and it eases my mind for sure!
Good luck! :) And congrats!
Yeah she hasnt gained any weight really and her stomach has hardly changed if I'm honest but the symptoms have definately taken hold of her, I never knew the severety of these symptoms until now!!

Only one more week and we will know beyond doubt either way.

It will really upset us both if there's nothing there though. All I can do at this stage is continue to try and reassure her! Despite being filled with anxiety myself!
I was worried at my first ultrasound if things would be normal, but I LOVED the ultrasound. One of the most beautiful things ever. There'sno reason to worry at all. And you get to listen to the heartbeat, which was so touching for me. :)
I guess we're just frightened of going and finding nothing there..