Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Fluid in fallopian tube?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Fluid in fallopian tube?

Well I had my ultrasound this afternoon to see if we could determine the source of pain/discomfort in my pelvic area.  It appears that my endometrium isn't too thick, so that's good.  But I have right hydrosalpinx (fluid in the fallopian tube) According my measurements on the utlrasound report apparantely my right ovary is bigger than my left.  To ME this still doesn't explaint he discomfort that was centralized to the front center of the pelvic area.  Anyway, doc said to keep track of my periods including symptoms and even how many pads I use, for the next three months and come back and we'll see if it's resolved itself or if something else is going on.  
what the heck does that mean? i have never heard of that before :(
me either, apparantely it's called hydrosalpinx.  I did a little googling and basically what I found out is that some kind of infection or scar tissue somehow damages the fallopian tube and causes a blockage, this in turn causes it to fill up with fluid...either old menstrual blood or the fluid that the membranes inside the tube secrete.  If it's not a big one it may resolve itself, but larger ones can cause problems, especially with fertility (boy am I got this AFTER having kids).  But some causes can be STD's like gonnarhea and chlamydia, it can be from scar tissue (one example was from an apendectomy), it could be from a pelvic inflammatory disease or untreated bladder infections or even damage from giving birth.  If it's from infection it typically affects BOTH tubes.  So I'm assuming mine is from scar tissue or damage from giving birth.  My doc said it's nothing to worry about, but what I'm reading says many cases they have to do surgery to unblock it or remove the tube.  I guess we'll see in three months when I go back.  
oh gosh.....that is scary....i hope eveyrthing goes smoothly and it fixes itself
I had something similar after having my son. My doctor told me even a small amount of fluid like the size of a teaspoon can cause an extreme amount of pain. It usually does go away on its own though.  
That's good to hear.  Thank you!  I have to go back in three months so we'll see.  I just don't understand why the pain isn't on the right side where the fluid is but is in the middle around where my uterus is.  
rox123anne commented on Implantation Bleeding...
18 mins ago
jkate57 uploaded a new photo
Hollus commented on Sheaby's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy