Foot infection, will it affect my pregnancy?

I was wearing flip flops the other day (Monday) and a shard of wood got jammed about 2cm into my foot in between my smallest toe and second smallest.  I cleaned it straight away and have been using betadine (antiseptic liquid) every day since.  It is still quite sore and the hole is big enough but not a lot of blood so it does not need stitches.  There is a small (very small) amount of swelling and pinkish skin about 5cm diameter around the area.  I have had a tetnis shot within the last 6 months.

I am 8 weeks pregnant. I haven't been to the doctor but if would I be even able to take medication if I do need to go on antibiotics?  If I wasn't pregnant I wouldn't be going to the doctor I think it will clear itself up over the next few days but should I go because I am pregnant? Am I freaking out for nothing?

Really in 2 minds about this..... Any advice?

Claire
If you think it might be infected then you probably should get it looked at.  There are some antibiotics you can take while pregnant.