Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Fundal Height?

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Fundal Height?

What is the appropriate fundal height for 33W5D? I'm measuring 35, is that above, or below average for my stage in pregnancy? I'm not really sure how the whole fundal height thing goes. Is it if you're 33 weeks pregnant, your fundal height should be 33??

Also, I know if you start measuring TOO far ahead, they'll move your due date up, but if he is measuring a lot ahead, and they don't change my due date, will that put the baby at risk if they let me go to my original due date, and not any sooner?
Good question, i dont no but i will look it up in my nursing maternal book and ask my ob.  My last appt i was 23weeks and 4days and i measured 26cm and she said that is perpect;|  So now you got me wondering.  Mayb someone else will have some insight  on this question
I saw your question and looked this up for you, i hope it helps

How is my baby's growth measured during pregnancy?
Starting at about 20 weeks, at each of your prenatal visits, your healthcare practitioner will measure your fundal height — the distance from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus. This measurement allows her to assess your baby's size, growth rate, and position. As a rule of thumb, your fundal height (in centimeters) should roughly equal the number of weeks you're pregnant. For example, at 20 weeks, your fundal height should be about 18 to 22 centimeters.

What does it mean if I'm "measuring large for dates"?
Measuring large for dates means your fundal height is more than 2 centimeters larger than average for your stage of pregnancy, based on your due date. Your practitioner will probably schedule an ultrasound to find out why. Among the possible explanations are:

•  Your due date is off. (The ultrasound can help your practitioner figure out your correct due date.)

•  You have looser abdominal muscles than most women as a result of an earlier pregnancy.

•  You have uterine fibroids.

•  You're carrying twins or more.

•  You have too much amniotic fluid.

•  Your baby is positioned high above your pelvis, which might be the case with a breech baby or if you have a placenta previa.

•  You have a bigger-than-normal baby because of gestational diabetes. This condition is known as macrosomia. You may need to be tested to rule it out.

Or you might simply be carrying a big, perfectly healthy baby.
Don't feel bad. I'm 34wks and measuring 41cm.
I am also measuring 3 weeks ahead, I think it is pretty normal to measure a little off. My sister was measuring 4 weeks ahead and didn't give birth until 5 days before her DD.
Okay that's good, I just don't want him to get TOO big and going over the time he should be in there affecting him at all.
With my son I was measuring 3 weeks ahead at one point. At 38 weeks I was measuring 41 and I went into labor.  He was a big boy though. The last few weeks of pregnancy I was always measuring ahead. But unless it's off by a lot, they don't usually worry. You could go before your due date but it always depends!
erickajoy518 is ... Comment
1 hr ago
melimeli please take the survey at t... Comment
1 hr ago
KTowne, Shannon79, KeeLolo, and hansen20 commented on Belle313's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy