Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Good food or Bad food

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Good food or Bad food

Hey ladys!!! Im 7+1 and I hear there are some foods I should not eat. I refuse to eat any kind of sea food so no worries there, but what are some others I should avoid and why??
http://www.*****************.org/pregnancyhealth/foodstoavoid.html
Soft cheeses because of the mold. Hard cheeses are ok. Also deli meats should be avoided unless you are cooking them well because of bacteria. There are a few seafood items that are ok but I stayed away from them too. I would suggest a good brand omega 3 supplement that says its been purified of heavy metals. Omega 3 is good for your baby's brain development. Also drink bottled water or I guess you could use a filter system like britta. You don't want to be drinking water with all sorts of junk in it. Make sure juices and milk are pasteurized it's very important. When buying fruit there are certain ones you should invest in organic ones. The ones you peel off the thick skins like oranges, bananas and tangerines you will remove any pesticides that may be lingering on the fruit.
Best of luck to you!!
Ginger
Ps there is a book at amazon that is called something like the 100 best foods to eat in pregnancy is very informative and inexpensive. It tells you also what foods help minimize things like nausea and headaches.
That's weird it added a bunch of asterisks, just delete them..
They say you have to have all your meat "well done".  Your doctor should give you a list of what to avoid for the most part :)
KTowne, and Hollus commented on KTowne's status
KTowne, hansen20, and Hollus commented on hansen20's status
hansen20 in my 3rd trimester now!! c... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy