Good heartbeat but very slow growth at 7 weeks
I'm trying to find someone who has had a situation similar to mine.  

I had my first u/s at what I thought was 6w2d and the baby measured 6w1d with a heart rate of 97 bpm.  The doctor likes to see 100 bpm at that age, so she had me come in for a second u/s in a week.  I wasn't too concerned (97 to 100 seems like a rounding error).  I did some research and 97 seemed on the low end of normal but still in the normal range.  The doctor didn't seem too concerned.

I went in on Friday for the second u/s at what I thought was 7w3d and the heart rate was up to 120, so I was very relieved about that.  The baby, however, only measured 6w2d -- only one day of growth over 8 days!  I guess the first u/s operator could have measured the baby large (which would explain the slightly low heartbeat) and this operator could have measured a little small. From what I understand, the baby is so small at this point that a mm here or there can really change the dates. So maybe those dates could work if I ovulated a few days later than I thought?  I was charting my BBT, so I thought I knew when I ovulated, but I had a slow rise over 5 days, so I guess I could be almost a week off (I had been assuming I ovulated at the beginning of the rise).

I insisted on talking to the doctor after the u/s and she gave the pregnancy a 50/50 chance of being normal.  She said in about half the cases, the baby catches up and turns out to be totally normal.  In the other half of cases, the baby has a severe chromosomal defect and will miscarry or the next u/s will show no growth or no heartbeat.  The doctor was focused more on the improved heart rate (she thought it was good no matter if I was 6w2d or 7w3d) than on the slow growth.  Hopefully the strong heart rate is key!!  

The worrying and waiting is really hard.  A big part of me wishes that we didn't have all the medical technology and I could be blissfully ignorant of the "problems" with my pregnancy until I KNEW there was something to worry about.  My husband and I have been talking that in our next pregnancy we should forego u/s until at least 8 weeks.

Has anyone had a similar experience and progressed through a normal pregnancy?  
did they tell you the heartbeat from Fridays u/s
120 bpm on Friday, which the doctor was happy with for 6w2d or 7w3d.  I knew it was great for 6w, but was a little concerned that it was low for 7w.  I asked her specifically about it and she thought it was good.
As long as the heart rate is good, I would not worry. In my opinion, whether you are 6 w and conceived on this day, or 7 w and conceived a week earlier, is irrelevant. I've always been told that it's hard to measure the fetus when it's so small, I've always had my first u/s for exact dates done around 10-12 weeks, so it very well could be that the technician didn't quite measure right. I know it's rough once they put something in your head, but try to ride it out and enjoy what's going on with your body, and wait until you're further along to worry if you can. And if your doc wasn't overly concerned, try to take some comfort in that. Good luck, and keep us posted!!!
Have you had another scan?  How did it measure?
I am going through the same thing you are.  I am nine weeks pregnant with twins.  At my six weel ultrasound they had hb's of 120 and 124.  They were also measuring about the same, maybe a tenth of a mm off.  Then at my 8week u/s both hb's went upto 152, but baby B was measuring 3.8mm smaller than baby A.  Baby seems like it's growing like it should.  We really want both babies to be ok.  The doctor said it was nothing to worry about and we would take another look at them at 10weeks, but I'm worrried anyway.  I just can't help it.  My ultrasound is on Friday so i'll post and let you know how it goes.  Good luck to you, and keep me updated.  
I do hope all is well. Good luck and best wishes and keep us updated!
Hello.
Wow. My heart goes to you as I'm in a similar situation. What was your outcome?
Best of luck. Please let me know.
I had exactly the same situation as bjbb and, from the sounds of it, you.  how did it go?  I have another ultrasound next week, and am preparing myself for the worst :-(