Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
HELP! 6 wks pregnant and some bleeding

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

HELP! 6 wks pregnant and some bleeding

Hello, everyone. Today I am 6 weeks pregnant, 3 days. This is my third pregnancy. The first blessed me with a beautiful baby girl who is now 2 1/2 years old. The second, a little over a year ago, resulted in a miscarriage at about 6 weeks. Yesterday, I was experiencing some abdominal aches, but no cramping, or anything resembling menstruation. Trying not to freak myself out, I chalked it up to the stretching of my uterus, but I was still very concerned. I felt like something was wrong. That morning, I strained and twisted a funny way to get my daughter into her car seat (in a new car I'm still getting used to.) As I was walking around to the driver's seat, I felt a warm gush. I checked, and there was bright red blood on my underwear. I started to lose hope, figuring that I was in fact having another miscarriage. However, that one gush of blood was the only bright red I saw. Within the next hour, I was spotting brown and though I wore a pad to monitor what was going on, the only time I've seen it since is when I wipe. Also, I am RH- and my husband is RH+. My daughter's blood is positive also, and I did recieve the Rhogam shot at 28 weeks pregnant with her, and again within 72 hrs after delivery. I do not recall getting a shot at anytime through my experience with the miscarriage. I am worried that this might have something to do with the bleeding. Of course, I've been reading discussion boards all over the internet trying to get some answers, but I know that no one's situation is identical to mine. So I'm asking for help, advice, anything, as soon as possible, as I do not know when I will be able to make it to a doctor, or if it will be in enough time.
I would go to the dr asap to be safe.. You might need that shot in order to help the baby along. It could be nothing but its better to be safe and check with an ob  or head over to the ER and let them know of the bleeding and pain so they can do blood work and an ultrasound to make sure everythings ok
hansen20 new bump picture up! I have... Comment
hansen20 uploaded a new photo
hansen20, KeeLolo, and KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy