Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Has anyone had negative hpt and blood test to later find out they were ...

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Has anyone had negative hpt and blood test to later find out they were pregnant?

Hi Everyone just wondering if any of you have had negative hpt and blood tests to later find out you were in fact pregant? because i went off the pill late october and my last period started on the 29th of Nov and lasted about 4 days and since then my husband and i have been trying for a baby and i have missed 2 periods and i have never missed a period before, i had very light spotting from the 21.1.13 - 23.1.13 i only noticed it when i went to the toilet, I've never had anything like it before definately wasnt like a period have taken many hpt's all have come back negative i had a blood test done on 14.1.13 came back negative, I'm driving myself crazy i want so badly to be pregnant but all the tests say negative but then why hasn't my period come anyway i have booked into see the doctor again tomorrow so hopefully she can give me some answers
I think your doctor will give you the answers you seek tomorrow.  ;D

Best wishes.
happen to me!!!! twice!! with my first, i took no lie about 5-6 pregnancy test in one month but they alll said negative an finally one day i jus had the feeling to take a hpt and it was positive. i made an appt and i was already 12weeks preggo. so it was showing negative when i was over 6 weeks. that was my daughter. my second a boy i had a positive test 5 days after my missed period. and now on my third. i told my husband im preggo before i took a test and he was like no your not i took a test negative took 4 more allll negative  and finally i got a positive test at 8 1/2 weeks. and im due july 19. :) sooo there still is hope!! i always say that cuz both times i took alll negative test till after weeeks of taking them.
Oh really that's great we'll I hope that's the case for me too! Hope I get some answers tomorrow :) thanks for your reply, I'm going crazy with all the negative tests but still hoping I am, nice to now it has happened to others.
Thanks for that, did you get many pregnancy symptoms? I haven't really had any other then feeling a bit sick and dizzy, I was sick early one morning and that was when I went to the doctor but the blood test was negative and that was almost a month ago
I'm 29+1 weeks and every hpt I've taken came back negative and I took one a couple days ago and it came back negative like wtf lol but just tell your doctor to give you an ultrasound
Ok thanks, did you have many pregnancy symptoms because I haven't really had any other then feeling a bit sick every now and then and feeling dizzy and I have only been sick one morning and that was when I went to the doctors and had a blood test and it came back negative but that was about a month ago
Avatar n tn
I'm going through the same thing right now... & I'm testing a theory. I'm a fitness instructor, & I exercise a lot, but my body fat is still within a normal, healthy range (i.e. my periods are regular). I've taken at least 5 hpt's & they're all negative. I think I'm 18dpo right now. I've had mild, lower abdominal cramping, nausea, dizziness, etc etc etc.... for almost 2 weeks. (I have a doctor's appt later this week).

Since you've had the same thing happen to you, I'm wondering if you exercise on a regular basis, & perhaps that could explain the hcg hormone staying at a relatively low level for so long..?

Thanks ;)
Hollus commented on Hollus's status
1 hr ago
Hollus, and Shannon79 commented on Shannon79's status
1 hr ago
Hollus, and KTowne commented on renae176's status
1 hr ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy